Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Queen Is Here - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The Queen Is Here

73JPS

Hello!

Queen Elizabeth II has been in Canada for a few days now, and it has been a very nice visit so far, I think. Here are a couple of local news items:

http://www.680news.com/news/national/article/73713--queen-watches-queen-s-plate-race-winning-jockey-used-her-as-motivation-to-win

http://www.680news.com/news/local/article/73863--queen-s-ontario-visit-switches-from-tradition-to-technology

Quite an outstanding schedule for anyone, let alone one at 84.

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

Hey Patrick,

I was in charge of streaming her visit to Sheridan College on the web back during her Golden Jubilee tour in 2002. I was sitting at the producers station in the newsroom, and was only about 3 feet away from her as she came through. It was a pretty exciting event! CTV news still has this blurb on the web, but I couldn't find much else.

Rob

In the morning, she got a first-hand look at the world-renowned animation program at Sheridan College, located in Oakville about 30 minutes away from the Toronto area. Dressed in a royal blue coat and hat, the Queen smiled and chatted with students seated at computers as she was led through the college's journalism program and graphic arts program.

During the tour, she took in an animation project by student Andrew Kim. It was a short film featuring Albert Edward, Prince of Wales, during a royal visit in 1860.

The Queen also unveiled a plaque renaming the journalism centre to the Golden Jubilee Journalism New Media Centre. Just before the unveiling, one student held up a sign that said "Hook me up with Prince William." But she hastily pulled it away as the monarch approached.

• Like 1

2 X the fun!

Nose.jpg

I like the bit about the woman carrying a plastic bag breaking free from the crowd and marching right up to the Queen and the security deciding she was not an immediate threat. Could you imaging US security being so sensible if it had happened to the US president? Gotta love Canada. :police:

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

My "claim to fame" is that I have met the queen twice.

Once at a Royal review at Windsor castle in the 1990's where she spoke to me and the other was that I was lucky enough to be invited to a Royal garden party at Buckingham Palace. A very interesting experience. Unfortunately I have no photos - you are not allowed to take cameras into the garden party.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Dave, I can top that one… I have lived here in the UK for two years now and have met her and the Duke four times… (Royal enclosure at the Royal Ascot, her Garden Party, and twice at the Canadian high Commission in London). Very exciting in deed!

Me and Vicki don't like to talk about it, but we both met the Queen when we went to buckingham palace to collect the MBE's we were awarded in Recognition of all the good work we selflessly do for charity.

:police:

• Gold FFM

I've met a few queens lately.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Pilko

Now you mention it - she did say something about a wayward nephew who spent far too much time changing the look of great iconic British cars. I got the feeling "she was not amused"

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Hey Patrick,

I was in charge of streaming her visit to Sheridan College on the web back during her Golden Jubilee tour in 2002. I was sitting at the producers station in the newsroom, and was only about 3 feet away from her as she came through. It was a pretty exciting event! CTV news still has this blurb on the web, but I couldn't find much else.

Rob

In the morning, she got a first-hand look at the world-renowned animation program at Sheridan College, located in Oakville about 30 minutes away from the Toronto area. Dressed in a royal blue coat and hat, the Queen smiled and chatted with students seated at computers as she was led through the college's journalism program and graphic arts program.

During the tour, she took in an animation project by student Andrew Kim. It was a short film featuring Albert Edward, Prince of Wales, during a royal visit in 1860.

The Queen also unveiled a plaque renaming the journalism centre to the Golden Jubilee Journalism New Media Centre. Just before the unveiling, one student held up a sign that said "Hook me up with Prince William." But she hastily pulled it away as the monarch approached.

Cool! Even better if she saw your Lotus in the parking lot, eh?

Here was today's news:

http://www.680news.com/news/local/article/74177--hundreds-gather-at-queen-s-park-for-royal-visit

One of the more interesting things about this day, and actually the previous three days also: the temperature in this area has been around 32 degrees C (90 degrees F), and 40 degrees C (104 F) considering the humidity.

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

Grandma.jpg

Oh really... Did she, now? :police: