Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Where to buy Krikit KR1? - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Where to buy Krikit KR1?

ElEsprito

Hello, can anyone point me in the right direction where I can buy a Krikit KR1. My local shop (Netherlands) doesn't even know why one would need to set belt tension (duh). Amazon.com sells them but shipping & handling is 150% of the tool cost. So I'm looking for a seller in the UK, that can ship it to me. Any idea's? (non-online is okay as well)

Thanks!!

Dennis

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dennis,

I might need one as well as it's a pain, like you say, driving to the dealer. You need to leave the car there overnight as well as the engine must be cold.

If you find a supplier, let me know. I can easily buy 2 and post yours out to you.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

I have a Krikit2 I got off e-bay... it's only just on the scale for the belts though.

Lotus Esprit S4 - Work in progress

Porsche 924 Turbo - Parts chaser

Smart Roadster Coupe - Hers

• 3 weeks later...

I have been meaning to get one of these for some time, but have alway struggled to find somewhere that sell them. In the end I ordered one from www.midwayautosupply.com in the USA. I ordered it late last Friday (12th) and it arrived this morning (18th) - much quicker than I expected. Cost £29.12 in total (£12.98 for the Krikit I; £16.13 for 'FedEx International Priority' delivery), so not that cheap, but well worth it i think.

I have just fitted the belt to the engine, and had tensioned it by hand '45 degrees each way'. The Krikit said it was about 54 - which for a belt that has not been run yet is probably not bad :thumbsup:.

Scott

• Gold FFM

I'll be in the States a few times over the coming months, and my target is to buy a few.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Probably a silly question but does this gadget tension the timing belt - the blurb seems to suggest its not for timing belts. Always useful to keep in stock so if you get a few Sparky could I bag one.

If any of you over there would like to coordinate a group buy, I'd be happy to pick up a bunch of them and ship them over to one person who could then distribute them....You can probably ship 10 or 20 for the same price as 1.

1995 S4s

We have belt drives on the little engine we are working on and we use an Iphone app to tension them. We pluck the belt (quiet at the back) and the app does a frequency analysis of the sound to give the major frequency. Could you use this for the Esprit?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE