Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Renault GP - Page 8 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Renault GP

Bibs

And we also know that David Hunt, the ex-owner of Team Lotus, had approached Group Lotus about entering into a partnership between Team Lotus and Group Lotus to get Lotus back into F1, but they didn't want to. But now that someone else has got there before them, they are miffed and want in. Buying into an established team and putting a Lotus sticker on it. Fooling the casual F1 fans and the Group Lotus fanboys, but the real F1 fans like myself can see that they are just doing this for their own gain, to sell the new range of (Ferrari)-Lotuses.

Antony, Personally dont what car they stick the sticker on, its a lotus badge and shows some involvement if F1 enough said! I personally dont give a monkeys whats the proper way, lotus as said by many other memebers does not have the money to start a new team. On the bonus side if they do well, its an added bonus because they will reap more rewards in car sales, either way they are on to winner, even though it may not be a lotus race car like the old days, if it brings in customers for the new line all the better, And as for the new line,

I do see what you mean about the black and gold colours may fool people, but i fool myself as i see it as a lotus F1 car not renault :getmecoat:

Regards danny, So what cars do you own Antony, not a ferrari by any chance!

A

Support the team that employs Mike Gascoyne.... they'll be the ones doing the business this year! IMHO.

Forsooth, the Wookieman speaks truth. For I have studied fluid dynamics at Cambridge, putting my talents to good use as coxswain of the Churchhill College women's crew. And verily I am come to be known as "The Rottweiler." Challenge me at your peril, knave.

220px-Mike_Gascoyne_2010_Canada.jpg

OK, Chris, the man has street cred out the F1 wazoo. No question. What I want to know is what happens if Lotus Racing/Team Lotus (for now, anyway) morphs into pure 1 Malaysia? No black 'n gold. No green 'n yellow. No ties to Lotus whatsoever. Now what?

I have (like so many others) cheered the team's effort without reservation the entire season. But that was a direct result of the moniker's connection, the mystique of the marque. If the only game in town becomes Dany's Devious Deception, Inc., do I shamelessly transfer my loyalties, or become an "honourary Malaysian?"

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Bibs I know at least two sports car companies which see no interest whatsoever in being in F1!

The first is Porsche who apparently could not care less despite being the number one sports car maker on the planet!

The second is Lamborghini who probably will never be allowed by their shareholder to get back to F1!

When it comes to the situation that interest us I see it quite simply:

One team will race Lotuses the other will race Renaults!

One team has funding in place the other has Lotus sponsorship and probably not much else since they rely on a ridebuyer!

One team is based in Norfolk the other in Enstone!

One team is all young and fresh the other was sanctioned a year ago for race fixing! the management got changed since then!

Then again one team is spending the money of a carmaker we all love! The other team is using the money of a Malaysian billionaire!

Interesting comment on the naming issue from Martin Brundle at the Autosport show today.

The link starts the video at 4:58, where he starts talking about the Lotus issue.

The way he sees it, the support from the Chapman family an others like Mansell give Group the highground on the issue, and he can't understand why the Fernandes team want to keep promoting someone else's brand.

Be interesting to see how this view will affect the commentating this season.

To all of you who don't know what has happened trough the years,let me explain that the Chapman family sold Team Lotus, for a lot of money, years ago.

They need to keep their mouth's shut now.

Bahar is spending Malaysian tax payers money on a project that going to kill our beloved Lotus.

The company made one year profit ,the last year Mike Kimberley was CEO.

They have nothing to sell and spending other people's money .

This reminds me of politician 's running a country (somewhere in Africa)

At least Tony Fernandes,Team Lotus ,is based in Norfolk, he is paying for all the bill's and they build their own cars.

He even holds the Team Lotus name.

This is a clear message to think about who to chear for next year.

To all of you who don't know what has happened trough the years,let me explain that the Chapman family sold Team Lotus, for a lot of money, years ago.

As far as I know, they sold it in 1990 to Peter Warr and Peter Colins. For how much, I have no idea.

They ran it until Oct 94, when in went into administration, and David Hunt bought it out the following month. After it shut down completely in Dec 1994 Hunt held on to the trademark right that Team Lotus had. It is this right Fernandes now has bought.

One thing I would like to know more about is when and how David Hunt first came into the picture. Was he working as a part of the team before he bought it, or did he just swoop in to pick up the pieces?

Certainly, judging from this old interview with Peter Collins, one kind of gets the impression he was not on the best of terms with him and what he did with the Pacific deal in 1995:

Peter Collins ,Team Lotus interview

Edited by gtornes78

Let me explain for once and for all,

David kept Team lotus in F1 for the last two races.

He invested the money to keep the team going and after the season he did what he could to get ready for the next season.

Some sponsors didn't keep their promises and that is the reason that he tried to have a partnership with Pacific GP.

He worked several years to get Lotus back into F1 but without result.

Lotus was not interested in F1 at all.

After 16 years Tony Fernandes wanted to buy the rights as Lotus Cars didn't keep there promise to have him use the name in f1.

All this shit started when Bahar the dreamer started thinking of F1,Le Mans Indy car,Indianapolis, GP 2 ,GT2, GT4 ,you name it.

At least Fernandes has his own money to spend and every right to use the name,as long as he pays David.

Hi there! I'm Korean Team Lotus fan Keam! I have plans to travel to Europe in February. Tourism in the UK. Silverstar and I will try to go to one of Donington park. Which a good choice? (Team Lotus, where the museum or exhibition?)

Antony, Personally dont what car they stick the sticker on, its a lotus badge and shows some involvement if F1 enough said!

The only involvement they have had with that car is sticking another teams colours on to it and putting an oversized Lotus badge on the nose!

I do see what you mean about the black and gold colours may fool people, but i fool myself as i see it as a lotus F1 car not renault :getmecoat:

Like I said above the only thing on that car that is Lotus is the badge, Lotus have only got involved after the 2010 season was over, and the Renault team had already started developing the 2011 Renault R31 in the middle of the 2010 season

So what cars do you own Antony, not a ferrari by any chance!

I don't own any, as I can't drive!

What is the difference between an overtake and a crash? An overtake is a crash that never happened!

The only involvement they have had with that car is sticking another teams colours on to it and putting an oversized Lotus badge on the nose!

Unlike Team Air Asia who didn't even put a Lotus roundel on their car at all despite all of the chequebook heritage they bought into and goodwill they may have gleaned by turning up to Snett. I don't know why there's all the rose tinted opinions here. It's F1 - a hard nosed business. History means nothing, only the next race counts.

I also don't know why there's a downer on Bahar either. He wants his company to be the best at all they do. He's secured $700m in funding, released details of 5 new exciting road cars, brought in lots of talent from throughout the motor industry, ensured the 1000+ jobs at Hethel are safe, got respected ex-F1 drivers on the payroll, pushed on the development of hybrid drive vehicles, released an F1 car for the common man, started a comprehansive re-build of the Hethel Circuit and outbuildings and has made the future of our favourite marque very exciting indeed.

And on top of that, on top of that he wants to go racing. Racing in GT4, racing in Indy, racing in Le Mans, racing in F1. Racing, racing, racing. Fantastic. I'm looking forward it all. Yes of course he wants to put 'Lotus' on the front of the cars. Why the f**k shouldn't he?

Bahar is spending money that is not his or Lotus.

It is owned by the Malaysian taxpayer and one day it needs to be paid back.

Let's see if you like Bahar still so much when that day comes up.

It will be all over for Lotus and let's hope that Tony Fernandes comes up with the money or the same will happen to Lotus as what happened to TVR,and all the other great brands of the past.

Spending moeny is very easy but making money is something else.

Do you have any idea why he left Ferrari and Red Bull ???

so if Lotus is the Real Madrid of the car industry, which of the new cars will be the Ronaldo and keep falling over?

:sofa:

Dave.

It is owned by the Malaysian taxpayer and one day it needs to be paid back.

Do you think a repayment plan hasn't been built into the business model and the requirement to service the money will come as a shock to them?

It always amazed me that all the self proclaimed financial and Lotus experts in this thread (who feel they know what's best for Lotus and can clearly do a better job than Dany Bahar) while fretting over loan repayment schedules etc, are all too cheap to sign up for full forum accounts!

Edited by fmxa
Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Hey yeah and everybody knows better than the manager of their favourite footie team too.

So back to the Real Madrid comparison, the no of managers they've had recently, you ain't got long Dany boy! :hrhr:

Dave.

It always amazed me that all the self proclaimed financial and Lotus experts in this thread (who feel they know what's best for Lotus and can clearly do a better job than Dany Bahar) while fretting over loan repayment schedules etc, are all too cheap to sign up for full forum accounts!

Paul, you may be interested to know my 5 year plan to obtain a full forum account is well underway, and the funding needed is in place , which I will be using to publicise myself and growing my brand through numerous events, partys , high profile fundraisers, merchandising etc.

I will however be applying for further additional funding from the CIMB Bank and the British Government.

Failing funding from the British Government, I will be sadly forced to join a Lotus forum based another country.

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Failing funding from the British Government, I will be sadly forced to join a Lotus forum based another country.

Allow me to suggest www.lotusbuzz.com :tumbleweed:

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

• 2 weeks later...

Is it really a Lotus? The side view has the names Genii, Total and Renault prominently displayed.

The Lotus rondel on the nose doesn't look too obvious. Are there any other Lotus badges on it?

DanR

Lotus roundell on the nose, big Lotus lettering on the rear wing. Just as on the livery they have showed on the R30 previously.

Big question many seem to be asking though, is where's the exhaust? :detective:

A few more pics:

033.jpg

041.jpg

AF5D0259.jpg

That is the million dollar question, surely they just haven't put the outlets on the bodywork yet.

Rumours are saying that the exhaust outlet is going to near the air intakes. But a free-flowing exhaust is better for engine performance than a one where the gasses have to navigate more bend is the pipe work, meaning there is more back pressure in the engine, killing the performance of the engine

What is the difference between an overtake and a crash? An overtake is a crash that never happened!