Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hunter Wheel Alignment - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hunter Wheel Alignment

Anyone know of a place that uses this system in or close to Kent?

I'm going to take the S4s settings since I've most of the components from an S4s on my car inc wheels, top links, springs/dampers and the cars weight pretty much the same. Good idea?

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pilko is thinking of Lotus and the Hunter is a very specific machine that I'm after. Even kwikfit use laser alignment and I'd not take a unicycle to them. Lotus use the Hunter which is why I'm looking for somewhere more local with one.

Not only is it a 250 mile return trip to Hethel, last person I know who had their car up there was charged £450, a bit too expensive for a 4 wheel alignment IMO - I've found a place in Maidstone, 4 miles away, I'll give them a go first.

I appreciate that it won't get driven around the track at Hethel but that wouldn't happen at the mo' as it's being dug up anyway so I'm not sure what I'd get extra for the extra lolly at the factory.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Bibs,

Don't think it's hunter equipment but TDI did one of my cars with an equally impressive (may have been Snap On) 4 wheel alignment gauges. Not far from you so pop along before the dyno shootout. I thought it was excellent.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

IIRC from Cliff, Lakeside don't actually own it, but have an arrangement with the owners that they can go down and use it themselves when required for Lakeside customer cars, which is great cause the Lakeside guys have many years Lotus experience. I know Cliff was impressed with their service and having been a passenger while he powered the excel round roundabouts I can only say I was very impressed with the results!!

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

^^^^^^

what he just said :thumbsup:

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

My guy in Sydney has one, all the gizmos + on car wheel balancing, reminds me I should go and see him next time I drive down. It's bit past Maidstone though.

Same guy made my adjustable wishbones for the Elan many years back. It's well worth checking the whole geometry out, just seems to give you that bit more confidence.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

There's another one for a retro road test by Top Gear, forget dropping a piano on it, how about a church organ.

Edited by Roger the Dodger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

http://www.super-tyres.co.uk/supertyresfourwh.html Suprtyres in Maldon, have a very god reputation and set up lots of classics and race cars

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

My local centre have only had their machine 2 months so we're confident enough so it's booked in with Lakeside on Wednesday morning.

Bibs,

So.....................?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

I had my Esprit aligned on a Hunter here in the US.

The database had S4s, Sport 300, and V8. Surprised on the Sport 300 parts, since they never were sold in this country...

Here's my custom mix of V8 and SE settings on my 89SE with adjustable suspension, V8 wheels, and my own camber correction for the rear.

BIG-O%20alignment%20%281%29.JPG

or you can zoom here, and see my suspension changes.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lotusse/LotusSuspension#5559600029785981794

I really do like this setup, there is no understeer with the front toe-out. It can be a bit darty on heavily rutted roads though.

Edited by Vulcan Grey

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Thanks for that Travis, I've duly made a copy and filled it in my manual.