Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Diecast barnfind! - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Diecast barnfind!

slewthy

Has anyone ever seen this before?

I usually trawl through the lastest ebay offerings and skip on past the thousands of diecast cars on there but this took my eye this morning.

It says its a one off, but why?

Sorry if this is commonplace but just seemed amusing to me

click

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember as a child of, lets say 10, I made an airfix diorama of a German tank ploughing through the wall of a French Cafe. Very realistic and satisfying, if a little inappropriate.

This is the same.......but perhaps very collectible to the right person.

Its just not me.

I have my own Esprit in a thousand bits in a barn.

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Looks like this guy does the whole 'case scenario' scenes on other stuff too.

Interesting stuff, but he must need to get those 1/18 autoart models at a good price, as they go from £20-£40 and this guy has spent some serious time making a very good situation piece only to sell for a tenner.

He should do a model specific range like:

'Esprit with cracked manifold'

'Esprit with rusted tanks'

'Elise with blown head gasket'

'Eclat ebay project 'please save'

'Carlton parts needed'

'Bib's other car' (black SE in bits while he drives various other exotics until it gets fixed up)

Maybe a seloc inspired 'hardtop gayboy' which would feature any Elise in the country spotted with roof on at any time time of the year regardless of weather conditions of personal practicality.

:)

I'm thinking of getting a 1/18 X5 and doing it half on half of a curb, bashing other cars front and rear while trying to park without any hope despite the landing strip size space available, outside one of Oxfords many private schools at 3.30pm.

I'd call it 'Married a banker, wellies to waitrose'.

:D

I kept an eye on it, but didn't really want it, looked good but not my taste. While on the diecast theme I looked around to see what other are out there and came across this.

2010 Lotus Esprit Diecast Model Car

RARE and EXCLUSIVE!!!!!

(can't buy this anywhere!)

1:43 sized metallic green lotus esprit 2010 car, presented inside a unopened display case on a leather like base. Special plaque with the Lotus logo & Esprit 2010

This model car was used for promotional purposes and incudes a behind the scenes dvd+XL lotus t-shirt

This is a special collectors model, as well as a special present.

For anymore photos or information please e-mail me! Happy to help

Happy Bidding!

sig.jpg

On the subject of scale models, about the only thing on the Lotus Originals web site that I would buy (before waiting for the sales that is) is that die cast Bronze Esprit at £19. Can't see myself spending £97 on a Tee Shirt

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

• Gold FFM

Those were given to all the factory staff for christmas. Retail price is a tenner!

These have been coming on the eBay over the last 2 months.

All selling between £60 - £90 from what I see.

I'd like one but no idea of the quality as always difficult to see from pic as I've not seen one in the flesh yet.

And also rather not pay £90 plus postage!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 11 months later...

That "barn find" is hilarious! But if you want a scale model, talk to my dealer:

post-6978-0-16367800-1326384279.jpg

It's a sad state of affairs when your S1 is in the midst of a restoration, your Evora is only being built this month, and thus you're Lotusless, while your kid is knee-deep in them.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Nice zebra, Matt. Reminds me of an old Bill Cosby improv.....something to do with a Rhinoceros I think.thumbup.gif

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Got that for my friend Kharin for her 50th birthday. I asked her what she wanted and she said "A zebra!", so a zebra she got. Well, I got, until Chet saw it and then it never got out of the house. Since Kimbers never coughed up the £20 ransom for his TLF Christmas Party hat that Chet attempted to extort from him, the zebra now wears it, along with his signature specs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ru6uyG1CU

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

BTW, so the photos of this cool diorama are not lost when the auction page goes away, I saved the pictures and uploaded them to an on-line photo album on PhotoBucket.

--

Steven DuChene