Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Supercar Sunday 26th June 2011 - Page 7 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Supercar Sunday 26th June 2011

dodge1979

Odd question for those of you attending. Would anyone with a S4 or S4s mind me connecting some test equipment to their car for a couple of minutes. All that is needed is a connection to the battery and then to start the car and run it for a couple of minutes.

My company manufactures automotive test equipment and a particular test will not run on my S4s due to a high level of electrical noise from the alternator. It would help if I could see if this is something specific to my car (dodgy alternator) or something Esprit specific.

(If it works it will give you a report on the condition of you battery, alternator, starter motor as well as doing a power balance test and checking the engine for compression issues and misfires).

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh and while we're on the subject could someone run a diagnostic on my car while we're there!!

I have the cable, the disk, the computer and a serious lack of talent!!

I second that Mangle....Ive got all the stuff too but cant seem to get it working...anyone care to give it a go?! Id love to know what my engine light is on for!..oh and the ABS....Im better with spanners than a mouse!

• Gold FFM

Oooh yes - it'll be fun!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

If anyone is tight for time to make the Pub for the 9.20am departure it might be worth waiting outside the Gaydon Inn (CV35 0HA), we'll be passing here at just after 9.25am and you can tag along at the back, We used to meet here orginally now it's usually full of Datsuns :hrhr:

See you all in the morning.

Martyn :welcome:

If you all arrive at the pub before me, check out the name of the cottage opposite............................its scary, he's stalking us I tell you!!!!

Bibs, wil be good to meet you too dude!!

Hi Dave,

Did you get my earlier message 23rd June that I can't make it in time for butties? I was down as a sausage butty.

Is anyone bringing a Gazebo to give some shade? It's going to be a scorcher tomorrow!

Regards,

David

Sorry,change of plan.My wife is now on crutches after twisting her ankle badly playing badminton on Sat.I will have to drop my daughter off to work for 9.30 Ifeel that coming from Weston s Mare is going to be too late for me.Have a good day and I look forward to the photos,Cheers Paul G.

Hopo,

Yep 8am Beaconsfield services. As I need fuel in the morning I will meet everyone there instead of at casa Felix.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Hi guys,

Hope you won't mind us joining you at Beaconsfield services tomorrow at 8-00am (we'll be there just before that) for the run up the M40 in convoy (we like convoys!).

I've not been keeping up to date just recently, and only just noticed the on-going list for bacon butties.

I did actually place a request on the 4th page of this thread (1/5/11) for 2 bacon butties, and I hope if I add this to the list now, we'll still be able to have them.

If not, we'll just have to go hungry!

1. Officer Dibble + 1 ( bacon butties x 2 )

2. Oneshot + 1 (bacon butties x 2)

3. Dodgy ( what Alex GT3 says x2 )

4. Nijeninja (1x bacon buttie and a cuppa tea if there's one going)

5. Dodge1979 + 1 (BACON BUTTIES X2)

6. Martynv

7. Mr Oogie Boogie + 1

8. Alex --GT3-- (FULL english in a bun)

9. bibs (mmmm, bacon)

10. sparky + Tracy

11.Hopo

12. fsrowsell

Espritmania (bacon butties x 1 for Alan & his milk float)

13. Changes...+1 buttie and large mug of tea

14. Alan & Evi (bacon butties x 2)

15. Mangel + 1 ( bacon butties x 2 )

16. Dave Walters + 1

17. MartinL ( bacon butties x 1 )

18. GasmanGT3 + 1( I x bacon butty, 1 x veg sausage butty if that possibe, 1 x tea 1 x coffee)

19. Davebarny + 1

20. Trevsked

21. Chris +1

22. PaulEspritGT3 + 1 (bacon butties x 2)

23. Cliff

The car's all polished and really looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Alan and Evi.

Edited by Laura
sorted list

Dave Walters ( too many Daves on tis Forum )

Bring the gazebo mate. It worked a treat last time.

Is it waterproof? Yesterday's scorcher turned out to be torrential rain here :thumbdown:

See you later team

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

A good day with fine weather. Now know whoa few more people are on the forum :thumbsup: Will get time a little later to look at pics and post some.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

• Gold FFM

Phew, what a scorcher! (just proving to Bibs I can pass as a press minion)

Excellent day, great drive. Nice to see everyone. :D

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

damn, that was hot, I now look like I'm wearing a red divers helmet!!!

Thanks very much to those who organised.

Bibs, great to finally meet you and catch up!!

Good to meet the rest of you guys and put some more names to the faces!!

Edited by mangel

What a brilliant day out!! A great hoon up the M40... I don't know which way Sparky took us back to Watford, but we made it. Dave thanks for the shade. Great to see everyone one out in fine for. O yea there were allot of nice cars there today also.

Cheers Felix

Great day out. Nice to meet so many of you. Thanks to all involved in organising.

I drove sensibly home to start with then got into a bit of hoon with an orange 911 GT3 who seemed to be going the same way. That really drained my battery!

post-42-0-49785200-1309108943_thumb.jpg

• Gold FFM

The Tesla certainly gave a good account of itself!

Excellent day.

Big thanks to Martyn for organising.

Which one of you b*stards painted my face red when I dropped off to sleep?

Can't get the bloody stuff off ................ ouch !

Lets see some pics folks

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007