Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Speedo just stopped working. - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Speedo just stopped working.

Doulou

Here I go again!!!

Went out last night, one minute speedo working, next not!!!

Had a look at the connection to the box and it looks ok, and pretty sure it's still coneected to the back of the speedo. So - is there anything else I shold check or is it a new cable?

If it is any help on how to fit would be very useful indeed.

Thanks Paul

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Hi mate. Gissa shout in a couple of hours and I'll talk you through diagnosis and replacement.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

mine started dying recently (wiggling around but generally reading very fast). Then when I was able to fix it for a bit by stopping hard. I knew it was the magnet moving on the shaft.

Think I'll remove and fix it this weekend...

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Hi Paul,

If the speedo is not working (jumping / erratic / doing nothing) but the Odo and trip meters are working than it is a loose magnet inside the instrument. If there are also problems with the odo and trip meters than there is a problem with the cable.

Freek

Esprit Freak

Nothing working at all chaps, did a bit of digging around yesterday and found that down by the metal water pipe pipe (left of alternator) in the engine bay is where the cable comes through from the gear box. There a split in the cable sleeve which exposed the cable itself. I could pull the cable as if pulling from front of car to back. Where is the cable joined?

Paul

My speedo cable broke at the speedo itself! The square inner cable end had disintegrated and thus nothing worked! If the cable is broken, then nothing will register...Trip/Odo/speedo! I would venture to say the speedo cable is snapped/broken at the speedo.

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm