Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Lotus Evora Long Term Test - Page 2 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Lotus Evora Long Term Test

TLF News

• 3 weeks later...

Nice read again Bibs. Is it Chrome or Burnt? I look at one pic, and think CO, then look at another and think BO?

I think the silver wheels really suit it. Strange as I didnt like them on mine when I saw it. Maybe its the style of them.

I actually looked into a swap to a MY12 S recently, but the trade in value was shockingly low, so looks like I won't be moving!

• 3 weeks later...

Since re-arranging the front of the orange (burnt) Evora using a small Norfolk deer it's gone back to the factory to be repaired. To make things easier, rather than having to head back up in a few days to pick it up I've been swapped into another of the press fleet, older but higher specced being fully optioned and it's a stunning colour, perhaps my favourite yet!

post-1-0-67493300-1319037455.png

http://www.thelotusforums.com/7637/latest-news/lotus-evora-long-term-test/lotus-evora-long-term-test-all-change/

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Aha, a deer was the reason for the switch. In pictures I adored Laser blue. Last week I test drove an S and it happened to be Laser blue. Not bad looking at all but not for me. Prefer it on paper. Ardent red for me (I think). My test car:

DSC00211Medium.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'll say it because it's not yours and only a demo, but horrible wheels now seen out on the road in UK sunlight for the first time. Far too fussy, but then I have never liked a multispoke wheel on any car ever. (my old favourite were the old 4 spoke then 5 spoke Revolutions - who remembers them?) Much prefer Bibs new ones of the newer styles, although I still like the original alloys the best and not coz I have 2 sets!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

I still wonder how the Evora manages to look a totally different car in so many differing colors. Probably because of it's shape/lines and curves and the way the light catches it.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Agreed on the wheels, the car looked horrible with them. It destroyed the magic. I didn't say anything to the dealer about it as it was a factory demo car. So it was not his spec to begin with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Again, good read. I like the Laser Blue, although I'm a bit bias as my Exige was LB.

Must disagree on the price part though, thats £70k for the S (well-spec'd). I paid more than £15k less than that for my NA (Also well spec'd).. Quite a difference!

I wish Lotus would release a roadster, or an S version of the GTE.. It looks ace!

Must disagree on the price part though, thats £70k for the S (well-spec'd). I paid more than £15k less than that for my NA (Also well spec'd).. Quite a difference!

+1

The CR box is also standard on the N/A too, so it's only the sport pack you get FOC on the 'S' now.

Good write-up. Honest and clear about the difference. Will look forward to driving both back to back when we come to buy in 2012. Also have a soft spot for LB as you can see from our old Elise!

"Simplify, then add lightness”

• 4 weeks later...