Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Upgraded injectors - whos fitted them and what are your thoughts! - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Upgraded injectors - whos fitted them and what are your thoughts!

Ok, so having took the car out for its first proper outing to supercar sunday the other week, and a stint round the test track has revealled an interesting issue I have with the running of the car. Im edging towards fuelling issues here, after a bit of conversation with Dave too...

Basically my engine is as follows;

stock healthy 54k miles

K&N air filter

Ram air mod

Oil thermostat

Standard chargecooler

Custom made chargecooler rad for top efficiency

Electric chargecooler pump

SPorts Cat

Sports Exhaust

New turbo

Injectors upgraded - both primary and secondary as recomended by Travis I believe from five-o motorsports

Standard ECU chip for the S4

Now, the issue I have is that at a constant speed, ie 40 or 50 or 70 or more its regardless, I have a 'pulsing' where it feels that the car is trying to pull away then back off then pull away then back off, as if you were blipping the throttle slightly. Now this is more annoying than anything else.

My question is, who runs these injectors, have you had this experience? What are your views.

thanks for any input guys!

Darren

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

need to check the freescan data.

ECU might be pulling boost or timing.

Could be fuel filter, pump, strainer, pulsator leaking... One of those.

could be poor spark, bad fuel... Could be a notchy TPS

Get some data and then report back.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Id love to check the freescan but Im having no luck getting it working..im not very good with the ol computer set ups Im afraid! Ive been told its somethin to do with the port settings but Im buggerd if I can get it workin...fuel filter is new, tanks have been out and refurbed so are clean as is the strainer.the fuel I use is only Shell....at a push BP....the other things mentioned would be shown up by the freescan if I could get it workin!

Yes, talkin to people on the supercar sunday a few mentioned espritmon....where can I get it from? One chap did get his freescan working on my car that sunday too..the dreaded code 26 was revealled...but other than that I would need to do a live data capture thingy I guess whilst driving

Could be your "ram air" mod. All that extra boost can really f' up the motor... :innocent:

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

Hi Darren

Haven't read this thread before but if you want to Freescan your car pop over, your welcome to use mine. Glad to here you have her up and running.

Regards

Paul

Paul thanks for that I may well take you up on the offer..Ive been sent an alternative to freescan to try out..wont get chance till the weekend though. Currently fitting my new aircon rad at some point this week...gonna also try it on a non vista running laptop too incase its the temperamental vista thats being a bugger

• 1 month later...

Ok update, got the freescanworkin...it just doesnt like vista! I fitted a higher flow fuel pump this week. The surging effect is stull happening occassionally so im thinking now, once ive fitted a oressure regulator and checked that, it may be down to a weak wastegate or actuator. Sometimes its fine sometimes itsnot!