Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Worldwide acceleration (& security) - Page 2 - Forum Info & Help - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Worldwide acceleration (& security)

Bibs

Back off topic (momentarily)...

I was actually able to sign off normally last night. And I was obviously able to sign back in just now. It remains to be seen (until I try it) whether or not I will be able to sign off when finished today. Fingers crossed. Drum roll please...

"...clever bits are also being served from more local, err, locations to you.."

It is now patently obvious that the CDN has taken over my computer to turn it into a "local" server, and it is now a part time "Bot." I can see the draw, in that usurping members' computers is a relatively inexpensive way to increase bandwidth, one might almost say "a cheap trick." That said, the convenience of single click ["pre signed in"] access to my favorite (left.gif note, No "u"!harhar.gif ) forum more than compensates for this craven power play.

May all my local "clients," whoever you are, enjoy the additional speed provided by my commandeered smokin' laptop.pc.gif

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

@John, don't know it it will work for you on W7 (I'm still an old bastard going with my loved XP) ..so hows that:

-go to your personal windows folder (documents & settings ) ..go there to cookies, to find those all visible (even the hidden blue printed ones) use in the top bar under 'options' the 'folders option' get on that, and choose 'view' -make an hook in all the relevant field ..like 'show all documents/folters' 'hide/show system folders' ..and allways note the 'hide known endings' ..as sometimes unwanted contend is misinterpreted by hidden endings .

You can erase most of the cookies manually, or with your anti-virus software.

@Bibs: seems that I was identified as "infected" too .. have got an *captcha*identity-note, wile surfing from your *Esprit-SE trade* on ebay to the *lotusforsale.com* site .. with a note 'this side is part of a security program' ..you are infected ..blablaa 'you can enter manually or ask the site administrator'

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• 7 months later...

Apologies to anyone who's struggled to access TLF over the last 24 hours. This is due to a DNS change made to hand over some of the traffic to a new Google service which estimates speed increases of 83%, so it's all good :)

If anyone is having problems post 1pm today, please email info@thelotusforums.com

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Well it's after 1pm here. I have a problem.

I don't suppose you would happen to know the lotto numbers for this Saturday here in Oz?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In case it all goes wrong in a couple of days...

We are emailing to inform you of a planned upgrade to our network infrastructure. The upgrade is scheduled to take place on Thursday 11th October 2012 between the hours of 0001 and 0400 BST.

The work will enable IPv6 on our core routing infrastructure, this work should not have any impact on your solution but we are informing you to keep you upto date with the advancements we are performing on our network. This work is part of our IPv6 roll out plan which will enable us to provide IPv6 capability to our clients. At this stage the roll out is expected to be completed by the 22nd of October and we will be providing more details closer to this date on how you can make use of this service. If you are interested please don't hesitate to contact your account manager.

• 2 years later...

Speaking of upgrading, TLF has just signed a new 2 year server deal wit our hosts, UKFast. Since the server we're on is 5 years old, we are getting a brand new Dell Hex Core machine with plenty of RAM and more importantly, SSD drives which should further speed up the websites :) 

Gosh :o

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

There's not a lot to is it there!

The actual machine costs about £1,000 to buy but we pay about £10k over 2 years of the contract which included the hosting (on the UK's quickest backbone network), maintenance, backups and (fantastic and much needed) 24/7 support via an 0800 number. 

This has been delayed as I'm having to catch up with Lotus re the parts sale which I think will take all afternoon.

In case you wondered what TLF's new home will look like...

DELL%20POWEREDGE%20R320%20E5-2407V2%20SE

How will you fit in there?????

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!