Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
capping rail trim - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

capping rail trim

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 years later...

Does anyone know if the early capping rail and later type are interchangeable? 

I have a later car 1985 with body colour bumper which Id like to get painted black.

The black bumper cars had the earlier type capping rail with the black infill.

Can I swap my later ones for the older set up?

Early.jpg.0c1acf477d6e5b3df4c33e89df1a78bd.jpg

Later.jpg.c4790daca77e9c9b725a719df4d33d58.jpg

Edited by JimmytheTurbo

15 hours ago, JimmytheTurbo said:

Does anyone know if the early capping rail and later type are interchangeable? 

Checking if the part numbers are the same would be a starting point.

• Like 1

Cheers,

John W

I'd suspect the trims to be interchangeable, otherwise perhaps a change to the body shell would have been done and I've yet to see any suggestion that occurred during the GG cars run. Note that the triangular black bit where the trim meets the top of door-wing joint is a separate thing, a light piece of plastic fixed partially in place by the push pin visible on its exterior. That would need to be sourced along with.

Cheers

The version with integrated A post finisher does not have a change point in the parts book. It suggests the earlier without the finisher can be fitted, or the later with finisher, to any car.

But, be very wary of replacing the capping rail! Its very tricky and delicate. It would be much easier to mask around the triangle and paint it satin black in situ.