Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What other car uses 88 esprit rear caliper (DBA 141985) ? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What other car uses 88 esprit rear caliper (DBA 141985) ?

hi I am having trouble finding caliper replacement from my home country, just wondering what other car uses 88 esprit caliper (dba 141985), so i can narrow down my search. hope you guys can help, thanks.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a Toyota part.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

For reference I was looking for information about the distributor pickup and by chance on one of the pages I was looking at they mentioned the brake calipers.

He said that it was from a 1985 Toyota Celica but that they were used on the opposite side.

http://lotusracer.home.mchsi.com/lotustipspage2.htm

Upgrading the rears only is dangerous. Most of the braking is done by the front brakes. If you improve the rears, they will get stronger than supposed to and you will lose the balance of the car. You also will have to improve the front ones.

I believe you are correct, only the mounting brackets are different. I think they are Girling, definitely not Toyota.

If anyone in the US is looking for replacement rear calipers I have a nice pair that came off a car with fewer than 7200 miles of use.

Visit Sanj's Lotus Esprit Turbo SE pages

i ordered new rear brake kit with late model brembo setup, will get my friend to get me the front brake kit . easier to go aftermarket then stock. original's arnt that good anyways.

• 7 months later...

Considering that rear brake pads are off 1981 Lancia Beta (or Gamma), the calipers must be the same.

Edited by MrDangerUS

MrDangerUS