Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The next person who.... - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The next person who....

darkcat

...points at my esprit and shouts "Its a DeLorean!!" - im going to get out and punch!!!

well this Esprit is currently my daily driver (around 30m a day) due to my other car beinf a bit fubar....

Having only had it on the road a month now, im very impressed with the attention it gets, i suppose you never see them, i mean i cant remember the last time i saw any sort of esprit !!

kids seem to love it, lots of pointing and dribbling :-D

by FAR a better attention grabber than my TVR was! (Despite the lotus being depressingly quiet)

Edited by darkcat

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

@Peter: it is silver, wedged and fittet with a huge 'flatscreen' so why not accept it, you're drivin an DeLorean ..for sure ;)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

I have a silver S3 too and got the Delorean comment the other day-

that's why I'm spraying it white!

Kids don't see cars as being the same as the one on TV etc unless its the same colour-

i.e my children don't think my car is like the Bond one because its not white and they

won't see a Beetle as Herbie if its red etc!

Weird comment the other day though when someone at work said it was the knight rider car!

I find generally people at work ignore it but are impressed when someone brings in a Vector

and its a diesel model...

Actually ref my above response I mean't to write

'people are impressed when someone brings in a Vectra Diesel, not a Vector, which is an ultra rare American supercar- that would be impressive-

especially in Diesel form...

Simon - yes sort of... but all the bits you see (i.e not the chassis) cant rot....

MARK - seems a bit extreme painting it to avoid one comment!! - Re Knight rider - I was watching an old episode last month while i was in spain (it was in Spanish, not really sure what was going on....), and the episode featured an esprit racing against Kit :-) (the esprit won)

Why not get one of those stickers for your car - like

"My other car is also not a DeLorean"

Cheaper than a respray.

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Lets see some piccies then Peter! i do love a good S3 Na... piccies are good!

i did have someone ask me in a car part "what'l it do?" i simply told him "drive.... asin go forwards and backwards"

Always get asked "is that real?" Suggesting its a fiero kit car! I promptly respond "Nope, its fake" and drive off in a cloud of dust and flames!

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

• 1 month later...

still getting it.............twice today...

I've given in, now i just shout back something like "have you seen one before?"

I assume most of the rest of you get this one too:

Having to wade past the cloud of people hovering around your car in a car park to get back in it?

I've been seriously considering buying a Ferrari... I mean I WANT one, but I assume when it goes wrong, it goes wrong in a big expensive way??!!

And a 308 is an "entry level" / Affordable Ferrari so gets little respect.

Another reason i guess to stick with the lotus is that its pretty much rust-proof.

Eventually all the DeLoreans will have rusted so you wont get mistaken anymore...

Delorean Motor Company in Texas has bundles of spares and builds new ones. So the uneducated motoring public amongst us will have to live on in the land of confusion for quite a while

Edited by GavinT

Delorean Motor Company in Texas has bundles of spares and builds new ones. So the uneducated motoring public amongst us will have to live on in the land of confusion for quite a while

And nobody is building "New-old-stock" Giugiaro (lotus) cars are they :-)

Edited by darkcat

Also, seeing as how they are built with a stainless steel body, I'm thinking the rust is a "non-issue". The paltry and anemic renault V6 leaves a lot to be desired in the power dept that's for sure.

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Trust me you still get predictable comments when its white..."does it go under water". The first few times you laugh, then it's a smile and now I have stock smile and nod which most probably looks insincere!

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!

Peter I would be happy if they called my Esprit a DeLorean, I get more offended each time. wink.png Since my Esprit is red wherever I come people ask me what type of Ferrari is yours? Or, do you still have your Ferrari?

2 years ago, a group of little kids crossed me when I was getting some gas at the station, one of kids came towards me and asked which car is this? I said: It's an Esprit! The kid turned around and yelled to his group of friends; It's a Ferrari Esprit!!

There I was standing mailed to the ground...

So things could be worse...

Edited by Exploded

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

• Gold FFM

Mine's red and I got a guy telling his girlfriend it was a lamborghini as we drove past them in the shops.

Go figure.

It has been spoken about as being a ferrari, but to someone else who told me, not to me. Fortunately, he knows it is an esprit and had the presence of mind to tell the other guy what it was and that it is rarer than most ferraris.

It doesn't bug me really. Gives me a chance to educate someone else. :yes:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)