Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Chris Evans sees the light(ness) AGAIN... - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Chris Evans sees the light(ness) AGAIN...

Not many chances to listen to his show here in austria.

But i have seen parts of his "white collection" in Octane, Thoroughbred & classiccars and so on.

And i have noticed the story of the guy who bought the multi million money Ferrari.

Cool to hear he has a love for Lotus cars too.

And he seems to be a very very cool man regarding to this thread....

Respect!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the 'Magnificent Seven' leaving Chris's house on the first morning. He broadcast live on Radio 2 that morning, interviewing each driver as they headed out.

I listened to the auction for this drive. Pretty exciting - he raised over £1m from those seven drivers for Children in Need. Awesome. He does it every year - maybe this year he will offer the Esprit :)

I once found myself on the move in London traffic next to Chris Evans in one of his rare Ferraris, in the Wandsworth one-way system. He permitted himself a glance at the Austin Ambassador Van den Plas that was my thoroughbred steed. It may have been an envious glance but...well, perhaps not.

• 3 weeks later...

With 56 miles on the clock I'd imagine he's not even driven it.

He seems more of a classic car fan, perhaps he was happy to donate to the charity but that's it. He's not got any modern Ferrari's has he, isn't the newest an F40?

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

personally I think i would prefer this one

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3319907.htm

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

I guess. It's still 10 years old and there are lots of newer Ferraris...

Ironically the car is being sold by Meridien Modena, our local Ferrari (and Maserati) dealer.

Might nip down and have a look....

Evans did have an F458

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Wasn't part of the idea of Chris Evans going to Hethel some while back that he was going to "finalise" the design and colours of the car?? Not that I ever really liked the original interious colours Lotus picked, but at least the dashboard was black...

interior050811.jpg

Right sorry to go off topic, or is on topic - I forget!

I've grabbed the hi-res versions of the S1 off UKSC's website and have a couple questions as an S2 owner!

Battery at the rear, thought that was only S2s onwards?

What's the toggle switch on the steering column for?

The speakers are quite obvious but I see no sign of a stereo?!

At some point it's taken a knock or something has deformed the rear upper boot panel - you can see below the O of Lotus extends out to the left at 45 degrees.

I knew he was sniffing around for a white S1 when I picked up my S2, he'd shown interest in one at Stocks Coachworks. Good luck to him and his amazing car collection!

Queen fanatic Chris Evans forced to sell Freddie Mercury-inspired Lotus because his garage is full of Ferraris

Cheers,

John W

Talk about a know-nothing Journalist making news out of nothing?! ....

'Ohh look a Lotus Owned by Chris Evans .....What have we got on the Chris Evans folder - ohh a photo of all his Ferraris' '

Like Chris does not have the room indeed... :2guns:

Had to make room for his new Maserati MC12 :)

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..

his new Maserati MC12 :)

I saw one of those at a car show room a couple of years ago, had a good look round it is one big beast and no rear view except the side mirrors.

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

yeah its a mega sized beast alright. Doesn't float my boat, but each to their own.

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..

I agree its not the best looking Massa out there but they are very rare so its one for collectors I guess

Cliff