Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Caturday... - Page 5 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Caturday...

Bibs

The Bengals actually look like a cat you can walk in the same way you can a dog. they have the natural walking speed that's close to that of a human. In that first photo' Loki nearly has all feet off the ground.

Our cat was out and about yesterday, as opposed to hanging round where I was, and came back with a rabbit, again. He wasn't overjoyed when it was taken away.

DSC_5064.jpg

Nuvolari's been gone now since January and I still miss him.

I'm working on the car, gearbox, he would always be there, under the car, in the engine, in yer face, it's not the same without him.

As good a friend as one can have.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Roger, you have my sympathy over Nuvolari`s sad loss.

-we haven`t seen Sparly (aka Mr. Fluffybollocks) for 4 days now. It`s causing us some concern and he`s not even our cat ! He saw us coming....I just wish I had my camera that time when he got on his hind legs and peered over the open car bonnet.

We keep looking compulsively out of the front window to see if he`s taken up position on the porch side wall doorstepping us for catmilk,  but no joy yet. On opening the front door, no cheeky ginger face poking round it.

This time of year he`s out on the lam for the lady cats so its not very surprising, but obviously that in itself will involve him in potential scrapes... 

Walking Loki is perhaps more like walking an untrained dog - it's a bit more like guided exploration where I make sure he keeps out of the road and out of anywhere I wouldn't want to have to go myself or where he might tangle the leash. He can be loosely encouraged to go in a given direction if I go that way, but it's on his terms - fortunately there's not too much of him stopping to have a rest. He's interested in cat treats, but doesn't seem to have a huge motivation for food so I'm not sure whether I can use them to train him to come when I call!

So with the walk there's lots of standing around while he sniffs at various things, bats at insects, watches things that are moving, etc and that's interspersed with occasional brief bouts of walking where he does go at a sort of trot, and the occasional mad sprint (along pavements - he's good at not swerving towards the road thankfully). The furthest we've managed from home so far is about 250 metres - it took a while to get there!

I went to the plant nursery Monday and purchased, among other things, a fairly large Nepeta plant. It was perhaps 250 mm round and similar height. Now, two cat days later it's a few stumps close to the ground, but we have one VERY happy cat. That's in addition to his trips to the plant that we already had that's just stumps.

Hi Roger, we were relieved - Sparly turned up on Tuesday night, seen striding measuredly up the short path to the front door like a little ginger Jehovah`s Witness.

Milk , biccies, then immediately buggers off because as with all cats, the world absolutely owes him a living.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seven days without a sighting, then I open the front door at 07.20, Sparly on the mat , saunters in, wolfs down a plate of biccies then buggers off.

Crazy little ginger mogster-but we love `im.   

• 4 weeks later...

Does Lily drag the feather stick around the house like mine? I keep trying to explain to Fairlight that it is not a portable toy, but he doesn't listen.

• 3 weeks later...

Google tells me that today is the birthday of Erwin Schrodinger of Cat in the Box fame. I shall be drinking a small (?) toast to cats everywhere....but especially those in two states simultaneously (!)

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

More Sparly tales....as he now regularly absents himself for 4-5 days at a time, last night I decided to follow him out of the house to see where he goes. He usually isn`t bothered by people so it was easy. 

He sauntered down the street, pausing only to mark a broken beer bottle and actually widdle into a grille in the gutter (!) , then disappeared into a front garden of a house with our local pub at its back. My wife said she had seen him "the other side" of the house by the pub the day before, so I walked round to the pub. It has an open seating area outside the front.  

Sure enough he had ensconced himself under a car in the pub car park, a few yards from the drinkers.

So now we know where Sparly is when not with us-he`s down the pub. Must be the pronmise of all those pork scratchings.  

Our little darling went AWOL again last night, and true to last time, he disappeared between his 9pm food and his 10:30 pm bed time supper, reappeared at approx 6:30 am. This time he was yowling on the rear doorstep to be let in, last time he was opening his mouth but no noise as he lost his voice for a few days.

he must just get shut in somewhere, if he wasn't as nosey he'd not have been tired today (must have been awake trying to get out of somewhere).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

How much do you feed your cats?

Our two seem to have become obsessed with food of late, they were big fans before of course but they're constantly after food now. We feed them Royal Canin pouches with some dry to help their teeth and they're both around 5kgs.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.