Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Caturday... - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Caturday...

Bibs

Allow me to introduce my 2 cats. I've had them since they were 2 weeks old, from a local farm and they've both 11 this year.

Ebony aka fat boy

post-1-0-51448400-1330705531.jpg

Molly aka fluffy

post-1-0-07604500-1330705535.jpg

Another other cat fans on here?

:cat:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

As Bibs knows, I'm absolutely mad about cats. At one point our house was home to 14 kittens - the TV became defunct as the little furballs were far more entertaining.

Here's Tizzy. She'll be 21 (yes - 21) next month - if she makes it. She's not doing too well over recent weeks. Purely old age. She spends most of her life with her tongue sticking out.

DSC_7650.jpg

This was Stripe, the one we kept from Tizzy's first litter. Her wonky eye was the result of some dirtbag kicking her in the head, but it didn't seem to affect her vision long-term. A beautiful cat, now sadly departed.

DSC_7278.jpg

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Another other cat fans on here?

My favourite!

photo-144.jpg

(sorry bit predictable really) :)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Here are some of ours:

Buttons:

100_0011.JPG

Sadly no longer with us died at the grand old age of 18. She was a brown tortie burmese. Her pedigree name was Brizlincoat Buttons and Bows

We lasted 4 days before she was replaced with Mitzy:

mitzy.jpg

Now just over two years old.

A blue tortie burmese (pedigree name is Reltub Galadriel)

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Patsy and Edina.

post-78-0-65885500-1330724408.jpg

Edited by Luke Colorado

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

A blue tortie burmese (pedigree name is Reltub Galadriel)

Great cats Burmese we have two at the moment and had two before these.

Bibs. Might be wise to check on Molly. She looks dead in the second pic.

Here's our resident home boy, after a fling with next doors dog.

Don't worry it's all dog blood.

Don't mess wid de cat.

casperfight.jpg

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

The wife and I had a cat, long ago. Our first pet actually. A Persian named Garfield. Cried like a child when he had to be put down.

On a lighter note, I thought I'd pass along this bit of guidance for current owners......

How to give a cat pills

Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right fore finger and thumb on either of side of cat’s mouth and gently apply pressure to cheek while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away. Take new pill from foil wrapper, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right fore finger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Pull spouse from garden. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, holding front and rear paws. Ignore low growl emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold cat’s head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cats throat vigorously. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrapper. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figures from hearth and set to one side for gluing later. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with its head just visible from below spouse’s armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw; force cat’s mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink glass of water to take taste away. Apply bandage to spouses forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap. Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Place cat in cupboard and close door on to neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put door back on hinges. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Throw T-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom. Ring fire brigade to retrieve cat from tree across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence whilst swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil wrap. Tie cat’s front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table. Find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Force cat’s mouth open with small spanner. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of fillet steak. Hold head vertically and pour pint of water down throat to wash pill down. Get spouse to drive you to hospital; sit quietly while doctor stitches finger and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Stop by furniture shop on way home to order new table. Arrange for SPCA to collect cat.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• Gold FFM

I have no pictures of my first cat, Snooks. Great cat and always knew what he wanted. Used to lay on my chest when I went to bed. I'd lay there stroking his back. As I went to sleep and stopped, he would gently unsheath his claws into my chest until I started stroking again. :lol: We had him put down as he had gone blind and was having trouble getting around.

My next cat was when I was with Liz. We called him Ceefer ( C for cat). He turned up on our doorstep after a wild storm. We checked with all the local vets to see if someone had lost him, but no takers. He was an incredible cat. Unfortunately, got into a blue with another cat and contracted Feline AIDS. If you have a cat and your vet ever says that your cat has this disease, have him/her put down as soon as it can be confirmed. It is the most evil thing I have seen. :(

Our next cat after Ceefer was Tukarmi. A full pedigree colourpoint Himalayan Persian. The name we had on his certificate was Igotim Tukarmi. (I got him to calm me - Liz came up with it) A stunning cat that looked like Yoda when we bathed him. :hrhr: He was a house cat until the night that Liz took some rubbish out to the bin and Tukarmi shot out the door when she opened it. We could not find him and he did not come back to the house by the time we went to bed. Unfortunately, Liz found him the next day in a vacant block after he had been hit by a car and had dragged himself to the footpath. Broke our hearts.

We then got another bitzer cat whose name escapes me. He just got bigger and bigger and was an incredible hunter. We put bells on his collar so that birds, lizards, small dogs etc would hear him coming. He learnt to crush his neck down to silence the bells. He took out peaceful doves, a parrot called a 28 in WA, his biggest effort was an owl and several goannas and a blue tongue lizard.

Eventually, we decided that the local fauna needed more of a chance so, as we told the kids, he (ah! I remembered - Ginger) went to a farm to chase mice in their barns. My mate on the farm that did us the favour said Ginger was the biggest domestic cat he had ever seen.

We have not had another cat since.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I can't belive the most famous Moggy on the Forum has not been posted yet, come on Paul C.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Here's "Cat" or she's more commonly known as "OY! get off that"

100_1151.jpg

Edited by lrg_machine

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I think therefore I am - Descartes

I'm pink therefore I'm spam - Eric Idle

We had a splendid ginger tom when I were a lad..called "Ginger", obviously....and I've been a catperson ever since. Sadly, these days I move about too much to aspire to any form of pet ownership...so no cat. I do however have a Tale..(or perhaps Tail?)...

Thirty odd years ago, my brother was sharing a flat in Twickenham. One day a noise was heard at the front door, and one of his chums, Ray, opened it...and there stood a bedraggled and emaciated ginger cat. "You look hungry...!" said Ray...and the cat came in. It never moved out! Having done for a tin of sardines he became a fixture, and - now being well fed - got sleeker and sleeker and bigger and butcher. A name had been awarded; it was when "The Alley Cats" film was current, and he was named after the hero..."Abraham de Lacey, Giuseppe Casey, Thomas O'Malley" or Thomas for short. He rapidly exploited his newly acquired strength and potency by becoming Boss Cat of the neighbourhood....then the whole domestic shebang was uprooted and moved to a house in Isleworth, Thomas going too. At this point it was decided that he was over 21 in cat years, so when the paperwork came they put him on the electoral roll. All his papers came addressed to Abraham T. O'Malley..... At elections, the gamut of political pamphlets were laid out on the floor and he was allowed to choose his preference...after which one of the humans would go and vote on his behalf! By now, a large number of local kittens were showing genetic links with this reprobate... He was also the only cat I have ever known that would follow you down the pub. A few minutes walk from the house...he'd be at your heels...and follow you in. The he'd leap on the bar and be given a saucer to drink from..... A real character, he was.

Edited by molemot

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Here comes Mika, named after the 1998/99 F1 world champion.

Mika has a hard life, we have taken him sailing with us on our boat every year and he has also had to spend hours on the autobahn driving with us.

Note that he has been learning french in the second picture, obviously a very tiring task.

post-12365-0-31296400-1330790963.jpg

post-12365-0-05126100-1330790971.jpg

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Lovely thread! I love cats and have had some real characters over the years, none more so than Thomas - one of the most sociable cats I've ever had, with both people and other cats. If another cat wandered up to him and picked a fight Thomas would think they were playing and when he found out they weren't he was always hurt and confused - he didn't really have an aggressive streak at all.

This is a picture of him 7 years ago when he was about 16, he's now 21 and is sadly a bit thinner, duller of eye and coat but still as playful as ever.

31657_400069988300_650143300_4352702_8848_n.jpg

"All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad."

~ Jeremy Clarkson (about the Lotus Esprit)

Isn't that what the French call a quatre cinq?:)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Cant abide Cats, Good pig food though :D

image-4-for-sneak-preview-of-birmingham-mail-charity-trust-calender-gallery-864025209.jpg

Edited by rocket63

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Google "Kitteh takes the Ramp" for youtube and you get a crazy ginger tom from down our street climbing off the roof in a mad way using myself- he comes round to our house via the roof for milk, biccies, cuddles and some unwanted strategic widdling

(him, not me)....

I waited for his move and caught his antics with a pre-placed camera.... ....

(no objection to anyone linking it here ).

Isn't that what the French call a quatre cinq? :)
Hahaha - wish I'd thought of that :)I laughed myself silly the first time I saw this.. seeing as this is a at thread I reckon you guys might like it too. :)

Edited by Roz_Bennetts

"All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad."

~ Jeremy Clarkson (about the Lotus Esprit)