Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Early 80's Esprit Turbo Wanted - Page 2 - Wanted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Early 80's Esprit Turbo Wanted

Neverweaken

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Quite a few for sale, and almost every 80s Esprit you buy can be considered a project car.  It's pretty much a given that an Esprit that's £4k cheap needs £4k spent on it.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Word :-)

I have to say though in his defense that I believe he is looking for a dry sump preferably over the common all garden G car. These are not easy to come by, in fact nothing springs to mind of late. Anybody seen anything, apart from Bazza that is?

Trevor

I'll get around to it at some point.

• Gold FFM

Don't you have one going cheap, Trev?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

As Trevor said, I came across a totally standard, mint interior, dry sump Esprit that had been tucked away for 20 yrs.

The problem for somebody who wants one is that if it costs me £6k to pay somebody to put it back on the road I'll want £15k for it as that's what I think it will be worth (irrespective of how much I spend on it).

So in a non-running condition as it is now I'd want c£9k for it which I fully accept is a lot of money for a non-running car.

I think if you can find a dry sump Esprit that is in running order for less that £10k you should jump and buy it not think 'it looks expensive'  

I know where there is a really ropey S3 sitting on a drive, needs a complete rebuild/paint I'm tempted to see if I can get it real cheap, and i mean cheap. As they all seem to be heading upwards.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Anybody been to see the red 17500 mile car? I'm intrigued as to why it's been for sale many times and not gone given the mileage.

Trevor.

tried to contact seller via website e mail but no reply.have just tried again

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Might just be the way it's sitting Barrie. The ground looks pretty uneven.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Looks well but well out of my budget Im afraid, this car was doing the rounds on ebay about 6 months ago, looked like shill bidding was taking place, I think it went to about £18K IIRC

Yes that's what I remember but now it's up at a reasonable £12k which seems odd. Don't think it's a dry sump as its riding high.

Trevor.

Bought that metallic green S3.Now it,s home I will get to recommissioning it.It,s mint inside and out.I will whip the engine out and do all the usual bits to it .Hope fully get it back on the road mid summer.