Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
who's got the cheapest insurance renewal this year ? - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

who's got the cheapest insurance renewal this year ?

FRANTIC FRANC

Wasn't going to get my Esprit insured this year, well the recession is biting hard isn't it! But the wife's Freelander needed renewing and the average quotes for it being between £500-600 i decided to ring Adrian Flux for a quote who insured my Lotus last year (but now expired).

They did the Freelander at £330 TPFT and at the same time renewed my Esprit for £219.19 fully comp which is insured for £15,000, 3000 limited miles. Excellent seeing as it is heavilly modified with 4.2l V8.

RESULT!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First class figure for such a modified vehicle.

My, standard, V8-GT renewal was last month and I am pleased with the comp figure of £323 which includes breakdown cover.

The only sad thing about it is that it is with SAGA!!. They much improved my previous years figure.

Now it seems it was only a few years ago that it was a bit of a struggle to insure my Europa twin cam (29 years ago in fact) so if you are paying too much for insurance at least you probably have age on your side!

To partially quote '10 years have got behind you,no-one told you when to run...'

Those old enough to recognise this will understand.

Mark

Well mines due at the end of the month...so we shall see what laughable figure is plucked out of the air! When I first went to insure my 1994 s4 I was told I couldnt have a classic policy..but a 1993 model was eligible for.it. So, instead of payin the 1050 they wanted, I arguex it was the same car so why the stupid cut off date for a.classic policy..five mins later they came back to me and said ok, 370 then! Mind you im still young....32 at the time, but ive got more no claims than I could count etc...this was all with footman james...used them for years with my triumph. Always.thought.they.were very good..but well see how it goes at the end of the.month

• Gold FFM

Remember full TLF members get access to discounts.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/forum/43-insurance-discounts/

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Not that it means much for the UK guys here, but no real change this year.

94 S4, Agreed value of AU$70000, premium $700

Best I ever got was in the UK, when the car was only 8 years old. Agreed value of 15k pounds and premium 198 UK pounds.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

• Gold FFM

Who is that with Simon?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

To partially quote '10 years have got behind you,no-one told you when to run...'

Those old enough to recognise this will understand.

Mark

I definitely missed the starting gun!

Cheaper insurance is about the only good thing about being the wrong side of 50, as well as knowing all the words to most Pink Floyd songs. 50 was probably the average age of the audience at the Royal Albert Hall last Monday to see Brit Floyd. What an awesome concert.

My V8-GT was £430ish last September. Fully comp, Class 1 Business Use, unlimited mileage, agreed value £21k.

• Gold FFM

Same guys I'm with. Can't be beat here for the esprit.

Got to admit I've only been driving for two years at the tender age of 32 and the insurance on my S2 valued at £8k and 8000 miles is £180. As it's under two years really, it goes down as one on the paperwork!

My Freelander on the other hand is a different story...

Edited by Chris Southam

First year of ownership of '84 Esprit Turbo with Aidrian Flux £230 ish at 1500 miles. Would not go near them again. Totally disorganised and incompetent.

This year Hagerty £155 and 2000miles with agreed value of 11K. Perfect service. Spot on

Mine is AU $480 fully comp, with AU$30,000 agreed value with Shannons. In NSW though we have to pay compulsary 3rd party liability insurance as an extra policy, so add another $350. I think in some states, and in the UK it's all wrapped up into one policy.

Too many Toys are never enough !

• 2 weeks later...

I have my Esprit insured on a multicar policy with Brit Insurance. £1200 for my GT3, an 06 BMW Z4 and my 08 Chrysler 300c tourer which does 40,000 business miles.

• 2 weeks later...

£712. FJ's for S3 Na and S3 Turbo.. one of which sometimes lives on the road in west London (i know its not ideal)... £100 and £150 excess and more importantly unlimited mileage! my cars certainly get used! not the cheapest but i think at the age of 26 they still see me as a bit of a liability...

Edited by hopo

• Gold FFM

Mine is 650 (I think) fully comp, 8,000 miles allowance on the road in London and am 30. From admiral - so pretty pleased. Oh and agreed value of 7500.

Not sure if I am posting to the right place (new here), but anyone have figures on insurance in the U.S.? Not an owner yet, but hoping to be, and was just curious what my shock level might be :)

Thanks.

Hi Guys ,whatever you do Avoid the GREE INSURANCE as i got a quote for my 2.0 Esprit for £380 and then found out they say they Insure Classic Cars and they even asked me was i a member of any car clubs ? it turned out they only insure it as an old car ,i took the case to the Financial Ombudsman and got £200 back even though i asked several times did they insure classic cars so beware Lads , Randal

• 1 month later...