Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bahar Suspended - Page 21 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Bahar Suspended

News from the bunker

We've now run out of bog roll and asparagus tips. But, we're still good for spam, so it's not all bad news. Dany has taken to reading Jane Ayre novels out loud, which can be a bit off putting. Especially in his dodgy accent, but it passes the time. He's also training up some cockroaches, which he's planning to enter in his own Formula Cock racing series. First race is this weekend near the Valence, just by the bag of sprouts. Just as soon as he gets their wing mirros right, anyway. I haven't told him yet, but if we run out lard, we may have to eat them. Still, it's keeping him occupied, so that's nice.

Bob called. He asked, now that he's been sacked, where his year's supply of free Lotus Origials socks and pants were, which Dany promised him. Dany ran and hid behind his backup stock of celebrity magazines, featuring him, until Bob put the phone down. Then Swizz called and asked why his Nightfire Red Evora GTE - which he gets a flunky to drive around while he travels behind in a blinged up bus - has been swapped for a Lipstick Red Proton Savvy. Dany told him that it was all Tony and Joe's fault and then asked if he could get a job as Swizz's Personal Person Who Stands Next to Him and Other Celebrities Alot Person. Swizz put the phone down. Then Aston Martin called and asked Dany if Lotus were still going to contine to design all the difficult undery bits of their cars for them. Dany said, if they liked, they could employ him as a Lotus Design Consultant, but they put the phone down as well.

Since then, he's been drawing up a list of the reasons why he's ace and shouldn't have been dismissed from Lotus. The list looks like this, so far:

- Personally pulled Norfolk out of recession (Judge should like that one)

- Great hair

- Has met all the Baldy Brothers

- Once worked for Ferrari, for a bit, and he can prove it - has a Ferrari baseball cap

- Told everyone that the Evroa was crap, and was subsequently proved right when sales suddenly dipped

- Is a marketing monolith amoungst mongs

Oh, and Wolverine called. The new 'Engineered by Proton' Lotus range is coming on nicely now. The new chocolate box-plastic dash for the Esprit is coming on nicely, as are the new draylon and velour interiors. Externally, the drum brakes are a little, erm, arse, but Halfords have done a cracking job on the external styling. Apparently, Wolverine has his kit packed and is waiting for his slot with the new guy's new HR guy to come up.

And, we're both looking forward to the FoS. Dany's going disguised as a Lotus blogging car nerd, so that no one will recognise him.

Awesome.

Sudders and Dany

• 2 weeks later...

Where are all the Exos's ? I herd there was one sale and 3 letters of intent. Subsequently the 1 sale fell through, and the letters of intent went the same way. So how many have been sold ?

Could Dany have possibly sold one and not told anybody, doubtful. :P

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Where are all the Exos's ? I herd there was one sale and 3 letters of intent. Subsequently the 1 sale fell through, and the letters of intent went the same way. So how many have been sold ?

Could Dany have possibly sold one and not told anybody, doubtful. :P

Roger

How much were they; may pick up a bargin, then I would need to drive properly!

Look out RG and the rest of the grid hicky's learning to drive

Edited by DarrylV8

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Was Danny's V8 (Wingless) Esprit a company car or his own personal car. If the former, where is it now and can we club together and send them a wing for it?

That is a very nice motor, fully restored with a tasty interior. If it is a company car, I wonder if they are taking offers? With the wing re-fitted I might be tempted....

IMAG0092.jpg

• Gold FFM

Didn't he say somewhere that he didn't drive it, didn't like it or something like that?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Agreed. I saw him driving home in it several times. I think, Michael, Your confusing it with the Evora which he stated he disliked.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Agreed. I saw him driving home in it several times. I think, Michael, Your confusing it with the Evora which he stated he disliked.

Amazing for a CEO to say something like that.

As my old man used to say "You never here a Fish salesman shouting Rotten Fish"

• Gold FFM

Oh ok. Just thought I saw something somewhere. Never mind.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Calling the bunker

Sudders can you please ask DB best place to get cheap/free champagne? After 15+ cases

Having a party with some mates; they have managed to scrounge free helicopter rides in to the grounds from various locations

cheers

Edited by DarrylV8

Darryl & Sue

Well, I asked Dany but he didn't understand the question at first. He simply said, 'ask for it, dumass'. Then I explained that most other people have to pay for stuff and he suggested you do what he does - put it on expenses, obviously! Dumass.

He also mentioned that Morrisons are doing Bolly for £30. And let's face it, if you're entertaining people that you don't really like all that much and don't want to waste something half-decent like Krug on them, then Bolly really is your only other option.

By the way, if you want to ask him for any other advice, he's just got a new job, which he's very excited about. He's working two afternoons a week in the London Lotus Originals Store, Underpants Department. Otherwise, you'll find him down here rearranging the personal grooming corner of the survival equipment section of the post-apocalypse stores hangar.

Right, Dany back to bailing out the sunken massage and tanning booth, big boy. And put some trousers on, this time!

Awesome!

Or, for fifteen cases (flippin eck! What are you going to do, swim in it!) Dany says you could give them a car from the car company that you're the CEO of. Worked for him. Well, mostly.

Or buy a vineyard. That also worked for him.

Or, buy Morrisons. Or France. Not sure which is the worst.

Or, buy Cava and change the labels.

Dany also mentioned that you could sell the yacht, or chin off one of the mistresses and sell her Monaco apartment.

Sudders and Dany

Fizz, eh? I find expensive champers very disappointing these days...perhaps my conspicuous consumption of Taittinger Blanc de Blanc 76 spoilt my palate...that was like angels peeing on your tongue...so my system is to go to a French Supermarket and buy the cheapest genuine brut champagne they have. Never let me down, always toothsome and around £9 a bottle. And the exchange rate is on your sode a bit more these days....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Well, I asked Dany but he didn't understand the question at first. He simply said, 'ask for it, dumass'. Then I explained that most other people have to pay for stuff and he suggested you do what he does - put it on expenses, obviously! Dumass.

He also mentioned that Morrisons are doing Bolly for £30. And let's face it, if you're entertaining people that you don't really like all that much and don't want to waste something half-decent like Krug on them, then Bolly really is your only other option.

By the way, if you want to ask him for any other advice, he's just got a new job, which he's very excited about. He's working two afternoons a week in the London Lotus Originals Store, Underpants Department. Otherwise, you'll find him down here rearranging the personal grooming corner of the survival equipment section of the post-apocalypse stores hangar.

Right, Dany back to bailing out the sunken massage and tanning booth, big boy. And put some trousers on, this time!

Awesome!

Or, for fifteen cases (flippin eck! What are you going to do, swim in it!) Dany says you could give them a car from the car company that you're the CEO of. Worked for him. Well, mostly.

Or buy a vineyard. That also worked for him.

Or, buy Morrisons. Or France. Not sure which is the worst.

Or, buy Cava and change the labels.

Dany also mentioned that you could sell the yacht, or chin off one of the mistresses and sell her Monaco apartment.

Asked the director in charge of fleet regarding "free" company cars he said i'll be asking for free helicopters next, hope he wasent implying anything???

Darryl & Sue

Dany says just make sure you've got an imaginative accounts department and it's jet planes, minor celebs, the lot.

Apparently, that's where he went wrong, apparently.

Also, if you have any of the fifteen cases left, can we have it? We're running critically short of Bolly, cos Dany keeps doing his hair in it.

Awesome.

Sudders and Dany

• 1 month later...

That's a sad sight. That car is a significant piece of Esprit history and features in several books. I'm surprised it wasn't sold off in the Lotus car auction a few years ago, where it could have gone to a good home.

Edited by Mark B

That's a sad sight. That car is a significant piece of Esprit history and features in several books. I'm surprised it wasn't sold off in the Lotus car auction a few years ago, where it could have gone to a good home.

TBH the car did not look like it had been stood there that long, perhaps SID is still being used for evaluation purposes

Bibs do you recall the car being dormant all those years and parked up?

Darryl & Sue

SID was originally in the (Coys) auction to be sold off along with all the rest of the Lotus history c15 years ago (I was planning to bid for it) but it was withdrawn at the 11th hour.

Over the years I've seen it in various parts of the factory but was sitting out where PH found it last January. I spoke with Brian Angus who talked very fondly of it saying that it had been used many times over the years to test developments

So what's happened to Dany's old Esprit? Did that sell.... has anyone even heard the price?

You need to get your sealed bid in by 11th Sept

Darryl & Sue