Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus in the post DB era - Page 30 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus in the post DB era

• 2 weeks later...

That's just a brief summary of Steve Sutcliffe's editorial piece from last weeks issue. He was in a some sort of group test that involved a 911, MP4-12C and several other cars. He was riding with 'a senior Lotus engineer' in the 911 and the conversation drifted onto the new Esprit. It was stated that the bulk of the work is done and he was desperate to get the green light to 'just let us get on and build it'. They were looking at the McClaren at the time and comments were made about how it would be close on performance but in a different league in terms of 'feel and emotion'. For a fraction of the price.

Yes its Autocar and the words 'salt' and 'pinch of' spring to mind. But it does kind of gel with Harry Metcalfe's musings a few issues back in Evo, so maybe, just maybe......

Didn't Autocar say the Esprit was dead a few weeks ago? Great to see the continuity of what we are reading in the press. :gathering:

On teh other hand, if that performance and that concept are true then Lotus would be amazingly stupid to sell it for that price. Would be nice, but ridiculously underpriced for the market. :2guns:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

A 5.0 V8 Bi turbo, KERS and 7speed box, now that sounds impressive!

650bhp!!!!

Now the question would be Lotus new bespoke engine or Lexus IS F engine supercharged and mated with KERS?

The lotus engine was supposed to be a 4.8l unit!

Not that it matters that much, that news got me giddy, great way to start my day.

Didn't Autocar say the Esprit was dead a few weeks ago? Great to see the continuity of what we are reading in the press. :gathering:

On teh other hand, if that performance and that concept are true then Lotus would be amazingly stupid to sell it for that price. Would be nice, but ridiculously underpriced for the market. :2guns:

Agreed they could sell it for 135/140k still undercut the competition and rack in an extra 40k profit on every car sold... That would be an incredible profit margin.

Edited by NedaSay

If it gets to market and his able to really deliver the goods a lotus is supposed to deliver and more, at that price I don't think many will complain.... The many belonging to that category of people able to fork 130k in a supercar that is!

It's incredible seeing so many other news outlets report Autocar's hugely inaccurate speculation as fact! They've got the engine size wrong, power output wrong, aspiration wrong and price wrong. I think they may have the name right but other than that...

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Anyone know what happened to the Evora GTE which was due about now? Bahar boasted he had 'over 100' confirmed orders after originally committing only 25 to China. They were also supposed to be homologating it for Europe but I've heard nothing since. At the rumoured £110k that's a nice chunk of revenue/margin.

I still dip into Tom Ford's write up to cheer me up - this is where my Lottery winnings will be going (assuming they build it) whilst I wait for the new Esprit.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/Lotus-Evora-GTE-vs-the-Stig-2012-07-12

• Gold FFM

styling of the front intake and hood vent & those lights ..this all looks like just one more interpretation of what the Elise/Exige could be in future.. ?

Fiat-Barchetta exteriour door-hanles, interesting ..and the interiour renderings looks like an mixture of old Ford-GT and Ferraris

The name ATS is just a reincarnation of an old brand as we know in Europe, but who knows it in the big asian and US market ...

-by the way, really longt tail (long engine bay?) for an flat-four me thinks

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

"...die ruim 500 pk via een handgeschakelde zesbak naar de achterwielen stuurt. Met een gewicht van 980 kilo moet dat behoorlijke prestaties tot gevolg hebben."

That's exactly the conclusions I had reached as well, Ruud, particularly with regard to the handgeschakelde. :lol:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• Gold FFM

John, I too prefer the handgeschakelde over an autobox ;)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Only because you had a linguistic advantage. :book::D

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.