Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus in the post DB era - Page 34 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus in the post DB era

• Gold FFM

still *OT -but a house should not flex, it should be fitted on separated-flexible ground ?  ..the only ones who flex are skyscrapers/tall buildings -who tend to have a own matching frequency -that "compensates" the ground frequency of the moving earth under them

anyway -back to Topic:

the Lotus sign is big enough there, it just needs to be more exposed to the front ..so in a way that you would -if you face this crossroad junction there, that you would notice it and say      "yeah ..lets take a look there"

*John, who was the King & Queen in those castles !?

;)

..see what I mean ?

Edited by Günter

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

...and back off-topic :help:

I sent most of my youth growing up on the East Coast in the USA, Of course, history courses are also part of the US school curriculum, but 90% is limited ot American history. This meant we had about a full school week to cover every one of the 250 years since the American revolution! Most of the historic buildings in New Jersey that we visited as school classes had signs saying "George Washington slept here" (that was when I learned that "Father of the country" could seemingly be taken literally) .  :huh:

Coming back to Germany after getting my masters degree I was quite surprised that most historic landmarks were significantly older than the Declaration of Independence.

So yes, there is a very different perceiption to history and landmark buildings in Euope. And the Lotus Originals Store will definitively not have the chance to post a sign of their choice wherever it would catch the most attention. 

Oh and John, in Europe you can only call your home a castle if you are a king or have at least 500 years of royal ancestry. The pictures you posted are just showing some daft millionaires homes. :smoke:

... now back on topic...

Any new news from DRB we could discuss? :unworthy:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Here is some encouraging news, especially for our colonial cousins. The Exige S has now arrived in the States, in this case Las Vegas via air freight!

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/wow-someones-beautiful-v6-exige-s-already-las-vegas-122608/

Streets? Where we're going we don't need roads...

Flying_DeLorean_2.jpg

Damn shame it can't be driven on the street

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Does that include Z Germans!

:thumbsup:

Edited by Bentzion

If the only thing constant is change, then why do we resist change the most?

Only Z German-Americans :robo:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Lots of speculation in the Lotustalk thread about whether or not the car(s?) will be returned later to the UK. Most think not, and that after being shown at the Lotus Cup USA event, it will go to some lucky buyer. One assumes for track use only, but the temptation to tool around Vegas streets on occasion would be exeedingly great, and only the well informed would ever suspect that it was not street legal.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Look at the photos posted in facebook of that car and it doesnt appear to have any head light unless those are covers...

I'm curious to know why if they are importing the S for track use only are they not mounting racing rims etc...

• 2 weeks later...

We've been talking too much about Porkers on here that I thought it was time to bump the "real" Lotus thread. :unworthy:

Anything new from Hethel or DRB? I saw on FB that Lotus will present at Autosport in Birmingham.

Edited by TBD

Yes, Lotus Motorsport will be at the Autosport show - 

http://www.lotuscars.com/gb/events/cars/autosport-international

The road cars will be at Dream Cars in Brussels, represented by three dealers - 

http://www.lotuscars.com/gb/events/cars/dream-cars-brussels

Good to see them getting out there. But we really do need an update from Hethel. Its been almost a year - surely DRB have some sort of plan to announce by now?

Good to see them getting out there. But we really do need an update from Hethel. Its been almost a year - surely DRB have some sort of plan to announce by now?

In fact they do: " we have no money and we should have never bought Lotus cause we are bean counters"  and bean counters translates to tight.  There is a plan but they cant even fathom how they are going to implement it.

Edited by Bentzion

We in the accounting department are asking you to show a little patience.

TJ_1986.jpg

Yes, Lotus Motorsport will be at the Autosport show - 

http://www.lotuscars.com/gb/events/cars/autosport-international

I have fingers crossed that there might be something for current owners ............. it's been a while since the catalogue.

Edited by mdavies

Geeze! Has it come to that? Are McClaren using Lotus for "mules" now? <_<

Sure, but one is on southern California (Lotus) and the other is somewhere exotic (or so it looks.)

Matter of Money I guess.  Lotus did it first and it looks much better!

Edited by Bentzion

• Gold FFM

Hmm.

There's no blue 'holding your breath' emoticon.

Bummer.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

This one comes pretty close: :baby:

Because that's all there is in this review of what DRB will be announcing next week at their annual 'media retreat'. The analysts view is it confirms DRB will not be selling Lotus. 

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/1/7/business/12536862&sec=business