Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus in the post DB era - Page 46 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus in the post DB era

If that white car was in a darkened room it could almost be mistaken for a convertible at first glance...

But still, a black roof. How, um, original. That might not be the correct word.

All it needs now is Tartan and it's complete :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Got to wonder why they even turned up for the LA show as they won't even be able to sell Evora's in the US soon

Here's the Evora in LA...

1472016_655775081133607_1304651397_n.jpg

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

The Sports Racer has lots of black bits, what's left? 

Maybe DRB have found some tins of paint in the shed and want to maximise the profit from them?  :smoke:

As far as I know the sports racer is not available in the US but you can order a "black package" which is a SR-look / black parts. As the news are from the L.A. show for the US market I guess that the US models might have the Black package as "normal" equipment inthe future

@advantage

"If that white car was in a darkened room it could almost be mistaken for a convertible at first glance"

That was my first thought too!

Reading the autocar story:

"Part of the Lotus strategy is understood to focus on new variants of existing products. Current models including the ExigeEvora and Elise will be used to launch special editions. The most recent of these is the Lotus Exige V6 Cup."

That's not a new strategy is it though? It's business as usual, surely. Can anyone remember how many special edition Elises there have been over the years? I think the bog-standard Elise is the special edition because it's not 'special'  :P

Seriously though, when the boss says "this grant [of 10 million quid] will help to position Lotus at the forefront of global automotive innovation", whilst you have to say something like that if the government has given you some cash, I'd be very surprised if 'help' in this context means more than 'a tiny tiny fraction of what is needed'...

Thanks to Bibs, we know that it'd pay the wages for 3 months though, so that's 3 more months I can relax...

Lotus awarded £10.44m from Regional Growth Fund, 300 new jobs -> www.4lot.us/p2so

1.jpg

Sorry for the second posting, but I can't help wishing there were a youtube video of those three men trying to get into the red car if it had its roof on... :-)

“I am pleased to announce today that our flagship economic plan to create jobs outside of London - the regional growth fund - is awarding Lotus a £10 million grant which will help them develop their next generation of cars and create over 300 new jobs in East Anglia."

- Vince Cable

Does he know something we all don't, or does that just mean new variants of existing models?  :huh:

Such good news. Nothing wrong with developing the existing models and refining what is close to perfection (in my world anyway!) as a catalyst to new models (An Esprit please!!) in the future. Long live Lotus ;-)

more good news

"or does that just mean new variants of existing models?"; after the last couple of years that is a result well worth waiting for

over the next year or so Lotus have ground to make up and hopefully prove the doubters wrong with some interesting models on the platform that has served Lotus well over the last decade and a half and move MJK's legacy onwards..... yes a convertible Evora would be so good Mr Aslam

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Perhaps DRB are waking up. Just got a 12 page customer satisfaction survey to fill in re my 2012 Elise, comes with the promise of a Hethel tour, chat with a member of the Quality team and a pax ride in the new Esprit.

(wishfull thinking, the pax ride is actually in one of their latest products)

You realize of course, Richard, that once they permit you that pax ride in the New Esprit that, from that moment on, you cannot leave the grounds until production models leave the factory. You will find that stipulation in the fine print of page 12 of your C.S. Survey. Pack accordingly.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

I think they have a washer and dryer in the visiting room, next to the shackles.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Perhaps DRB are waking up. Just got a 12 page customer satisfaction survey to fill in re my 2012 Elise, comes with the promise of a Hethel tour, chat with a member of the Quality team and a pax ride in the new Esprit.

That's a good sign, DRB reaching out to their customers, better late than never... 

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

Having an affair with another marque... B-)