Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus in the post DB era - Page 55 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus in the post DB era

Gino is back on security detail for Ferrari. Swizzy is probably in jail :lol:

I bet they missed Gino ;-) But Dany 's new ARSE company is just around the corner in Maranello, they can still have lunch together. ;)

Dany want to build a shooting break for Aston Martin... Maybe someone should tell him it has been done before? ;)

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

• 2 months later...

However smooth his line in the rest of that article, he shows he is harbouring spite by that last line comment.  I wonder if his payoff settlement included limiting public comments on Lotus and its products? Hard to pin that one down as it is purely a personal statement, essentially re "him" and not "the cars".  Perhaps carefully considered and crafted after "advice". 

• Gold FFM

So did he believe in Lotus cars when he was the CEO? That last line would suggest not.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I think he believed in Lotus, he had a plan and thought he had the backing to see it through, the company was sold, new owners gave him the boot, I'm not surprised he's a little unhappy! However, it's a little unfortunate his new company 'Ares' is an anagram of...  :D

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

Dany is awesome.

I love Dany.

I'd be in an élan now if Dany was still in charge. Probably. Maybe. Okay, well, at least I'd have a matchbox toy of an élan, and I don't even have that now.

Dany, you are an automotive God. May your ARSE make Lotus turn in horror and running for the, er, pub.

Dany and me, sitting in a tree...

Sudders and Dany

That last sentance definitely says it all.

Did sales really increase or was it coincidental that the Evora had just been launched and was in production?

As for the Paris 'splash' - I always found it funny that jag brought one car - the CX-75 - to the show and probably got more press, Danys logic in that article is a little off

Danys plan was ok, it's the excuection and the cash he squandered was the big issue

^^ as mentioned above DB great vision no execution too much fluff and no (or very little) substance came from his tenure,

Back on topic, 3 days left until the dealer network meeting at Hethel and the rumour-mill on new products is spinning, Any forumers here likely to attend that very very hush hush event? 

New Elise Cup R road version is already confirmed

New Exige S auto is rumoured (videos from the Ring)

New Evora R IS rumoured (spyshots from Belgium + internal documents of DRB)

What else would we like to see?

To be fair, I was looking forward to seeing the new Esprit but I still don't think I would consider buying of the current line up.

Obviously it doesn't mean I don't want a Lotus, just not the offerings that are available today (unless I've missed a major announcement)

Lotus are currently building some of the best cars they ever had. I took a 991 GT3 owner out yesterday in the Evora and all he could say was 'wow' a lot! 

This is the capital Lotus has to build on. No need for a revolution, just focus on the "little things" that make potential buyers in the end go for the 911. Things like interior, daily comfort and, of course, image.

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

He said he had no idea Lotus were building cars like the Evora and how high the quality was. He couldn't believe the suspension didn't have computers controlling it at that the brakes were steel and not carbon.

This is a guy with a 997 Turbo and the GT3 is the second 991 he's bought, he spends a lot of money on cars.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Really... the current Lotus cars are THAT good, they just need to get people in them and make them aware. The last few years of turmoil and silence need to be seen to be over, a solid future, a company that's moving forward, secure backing, etc. Good marketing without DB levels of BS, whatever budget they've got spent wisely. Roll on Geneva! 

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

Interview with DB in this months Top Gear magazine.  Lots of Lotus related question/answers, he actually spoke about his time there in a very positive light.  No bad mouthing at all.  I get the feeling he is a bit gutted not to have been able to see it through, would have done his ego the world of good.

• Gold FFM

Something I missed in the article was the sentence "With the comfort of a settlement behind him"

Didn't know that had happened.........

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)