Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus in the post DB era - Page 57 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus in the post DB era

I haven't read the top gear article yet, but the paultan one was interesting. Dany is still delusional. In the interview a few weeks ago he said he wanted to make a splash in Paris and had no intention of building all five cars. The paultan article makes him sound like he was in track with the esprit - typical dany, fracture the truth to make yourself look good. You don't work that hard on your hair and not worry about your reputation;)

My take from that article is it shows (proves!) what he screwed up. He should have made a splash when he was nearly ready to deliver, then he wouldn't have lost the momentum or wasted all the cash he did on washed up f-list celebs. Then the "suppliers" would have continued to want to work with him. It's a classic case of over promise and way under deliver. I hope the new guys can get some of their product out on time and that will show they are on track.

Just read the TG interview. Typical Dany making himself look good. The whole Sharon stone bit was cringeworthy - if you want celebrity endorsement then use celebs who actually matter, not some washed up Milf who once flashed her cooter to make her famous.

The comments after must have been written by his band of merry men, bashing Gales and the fact they don't have new cars in the pipeline :rolleyes:

STILL....I do wish Lotus has something to show at Paris.  As long as Lotus isn't showing anything new all we can do is make fun of Ba har har :chris: (I made of with yer loot Matey!)... and hope we do get something soon...

Edited by Bentzion

If the only thing constant is change, then why do we resist change the most?

• 2 weeks later...

Russel Carr will replace him: http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-industry-news/lotus-appoints-russell-carr-as-head-of-design-.html

Lotus Cars really does have to clean up their  website. This page is still there even though the links to Zimmermann and James are broken: http://www.lotuscars.com/sg/about-us/donato-coco

You can't get to them through the menu, but you can through google.  :huh:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

That's great news, hopefully no more Coco "sticker jobs" and something more solid from Russell

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Nothing great about it top designer doing "almost nothing" for 5 years and now back to the past. I think we can now say for sure no new models in the coming years otherwise Coco would not leave without taking the credits for the new cars.   

Does that mean that any real new car (insert next Elise here ) is years not to say half a decade away?

Well kinda sad we won't see any of Coco's design on the road, Intent prototype Elan and Elite were very good looking cars.

I'm sure I heard that the 25 year old designer Bahar took to ARSE was behind those designs anyway. Not sure what Coco bought to Lotus for the huge sums of money he's earnt over the last 5 years...

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Just shows how dismally the whole DB era failed,  respectively how DRB-Hicom consequentially killed it. 

I've seen many projects fail,  but the most expensive failures are projects that either should never have been started or were cancelled mid way. 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Anyway, good to see Russell back a the helm, and hopefully the guys in the design studio can get into creating something new 

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

• 4 months later...

Ah, Dany. That's better. I'll sleep better now knowing Dany is out there doing his premium lifestyle luxury stuff.

I miss you Dany...

Lotus is so boring these days. Building actual cars and selling them through actual dealers. At least when you were there, there were parties and that Baldwin guy no one's heard of. And coke too probably. And yachts too, I expect. Now it's all sales targets, tear downs and product launches.

Come back Dany and bring your ARSE with you.

• Like 1

Sudders and Dany

• Gold FFM

I'm sure I heard that the 25 year old designer Bahar took to ARSE was behind those designs anyway. Not sure what Coco bought to Lotus for the huge sums of money he's earnt over the last 5 years...

Design director. :coffee:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Wasn't he?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

I was talking about Coco. Was your post, that I quoted, about Coco or the 25 yr old?