Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
'active' Esprit owners required for hoons!.... - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

'active' Esprit owners required for hoons!....

dodge1979

We here at the NMEG tend to organise days out driving our Esprits in a group of regular attendees...but were always on the look out for new members..or visiting friends! Basically, if your active with your car and would like to join in on drives out and about, it would be nice to gain a few more folks... What id like to start is maybe a list of people and the area they live in..ie myself Warwickshire..so that we could have an easy way of sending out a contact msg if were comming your way, passing through or think you might just be interested in the day out...

It usually revolves around a meet up somewhere suitable, the an hour or two driving on route, a coffee stop...more driving, maybe lunch at the destination area, then the return with a mid afternoon coffee stop again...people peal off where appropriate to head home when they feel like it...wives girlfriends and lovers are welcome ( although dont bring all three at once ;-) ) as we often have a few ladies with us it makes a great sociable day out...

It would be nice to gain a few more Esprit nuts on our journeys...so if your interested, please put your name down and we can hopefully get a few more faces involved....

Dodge1979 S4 Warwickshire

Ps ive put this here as its specifically aimed at Esprit drivers and should reach a greater audience than under events or regional!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill give you a swapsy for the day :-D. Initially, as its the north midlands esprit group, were looking to meet a few more Esprits. Obviously all enthusiasts of the brand are welcome as we all share the same love..so if we are tripping your way then as I said new faces will always recieve a warm welcome and a great day out..

Darren, I live down in West London but work just outside leamington. im frequently up there in the Esprit (when its working!) and there are some cracking roads to scare the shit out of yourself on.... just let me know!

as its the north midlands esprit group

It used to be, now it's the North Midlands (England) Group, we ceased being an Esprit only club about 4 years ago. You're missing out on tonnes of Lotus owners who I'm sure would love to come along given a welcoming invitation.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Oh the invite is always up on the regional page whenever we organise a trip...as would any major event be in the events...just thought it might capture a few more folks attention, then I could send a msg out to a core list whenever a trip is organised..as hopefully it would contain people from other areas of the country...who otherwise might not view our regional events, which is the reason for this!

• 2 weeks later...

Well so far weve gained some new people, southampton, the west country, swindon area to name a few...it seems there are drivers in the far reaches of the country! So far no word from Wales or the north....

• 2 weeks later...

You can add me from sunny (no, make that wet) Sussex, although I suspect most of your trips will be quite far away from me!

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

1 dodge1979 leamington, mids

2. Gasmangt3 worcester ish??

3 hopo london

4 eddie 111s the continent!

5 obione Sussex

6 Pwd95 neath, south wales

7 rizla 603104 Newmarket, cambs

8 Steve930 dorset

9 Palmergeddon oxford

10 0121neil64 lichfield

11 Alex Carter swindon

12 Emlyn Taylor Fareham

13 MPx south Somerset

14 tonykearney5 Wolverhampton

15 dazmans3 Portsmouth

16 malcolmS ??

You know I am always game for a hoon, and really look forward to travelling out to the more distant

Esprit owners..

3 hopo london

5 obione Sussex

8 Steve930 dorset

9 Palmergeddon oxford

10 0121neil64 lichfield

11 Alex Carter swindon

12 Emlyn Taylor Fareham

13 MPx south Somerset

15 dazmans3 Portsmouth

16 malcolmS ??

17 Changes..wolverhampton

Count me in if you ever head in a more northerly direction, i may be the wrong side of the Pennines but I love the run over the tops to the M6.

Dont worry,be happy.............

3 hopo london

5 obione Sussex

8 Steve930 dorset

9 Palmergeddon oxford

10 0121neil64 lichfield

11 Alex Carter swindon

12 Emlyn Taylor Fareham

13 MPx south Somerset

15 dazmans3 Portsmouth

16 malcolmS ??

18 Whirlybird reading

19 Slewthy Shrewsbury??

20 MartinL N Yorks

3 hopo london

5 obione Sussex

8 Steve930 dorset

9 Palmergeddon oxford

10 0121neil64 lichfield

11 Alex Carter swindon

12 Emlyn Taylor Fareham

13 MPx south Somerset

15 dazmans3 Portsmouth

16 malcolmS ??

18 Whirlybird reading

19 Slewthy Shrewsbury??

20 MartinL N Yorks

21 Dom Sunny Wiltshire

Glad to see theres some other Esprits around Warwickshire Darren........ My late G HC Turbo has been off the road for years now but still looks the part under the tarpaulins. As does Essex No.17 which is near me also but in a similar state. I work in Warwick but not seen an Esprit around for yonks................

Edited by nello

i sometimes have my Esprit with me up at the office. Our office is in Barford just of J15/16 of teh M40. i occasionally burble through Leamington and/or Warwick when im up there....

• 1 month later...

Well, since starting this thread ive spoken to a lot of enthusiastic Esprit owners....so it was definately worth doing. We had a trip out through Wales sunday just gone, where our Esprit nuts group grew in numbers again with an additional three owners turning up out of six additional possibilities. As it was their first hoon with us it went smoothly, despitethe weather, and good feedback recieved.

So, whilst were probably heading towards the end of the weather for daytripping, we are still planning another trip or two, so if anyone else is interested let me know and ill keep in touch with the details again..

Its ok john! Were looking to get down to an ace cafe meet before the year is out if you fancy meeting up with us...our resident photographer was unable to make it due to other prior commitments..but im putting together a short video from my incar footage...

3 hopo london

5 obione Sussex

8 Steve930 dorset

9 Palmergeddon oxford

10 0121neil64 lichfield

11 Alex Carter swindon

12 Emlyn Taylor Fareham