Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige picture & video thread - Page 18 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige picture & video thread

Bibs

What a fantastic !!! and difficult track. Love it......

Honestly: don't see much understeer in  your vid, but you are right the car has really a lot of understreer coming straight from the factory.

Thank you for your comment.

You cannot see, because I drove finally with finger tipps to get the car through the corners ;) Furthermore I cannot follow the GT3 line through the curves, even the Lotus has 300 kg less weight. The car could be much faster, when this is solved.

Do you have any setup data ?

I did the same job with my Porsche an finally it runs tight ;) I am driving a 964 with 2:30 on the front, this feeling I am just missing.

Is the engine becoming stronger after 4-5000 km? It feels a bit lazy above 5000min-1.

Edited by Freejack

I have the set up of the Exige V6 cup with a little bit more camber in front.....just ask your dealer, Lotus will give it. 

Yes I think the engine will become stronger, for my feel it pulls nearly straight from 2500-7200

You will never be able to have the same feel of sharpness as with your Porsche (had a very well aligned Porsche GT3RS before) sorry for that.

But involvement of the Lotus will give you something else to have fun. Pls note that with the Nitron suspension I am faster as my GT3RS on clubciruits and have same laptimes on Spa.

So once you know the car, the GT3 won't be able to drive away from you.

Tip: use Pirelli Trofeo on track, all other tyres (also Avon ZZR or Yokohama AD048) will be slower. The car is really made for the Trofeo tyre. Trofeo gives also less understeer ! 

It will take a while before you trust the car. It is capable to do more then you think, but again it takes time to grow in it.

Edited by Jokke Vlo
  • Like 1

No problem we are here to share feelings and facts (about cars :D).

I think you mean on track :)

Front hot: 2.00

Rear hot: 2.00-2.10

Start at 1.6 - 1.7

Okay, thanks. Finally I saw on the website of Pirelli, hat Trofeos should get 2,0 bar hot, but I thought, that because of less weight, maybe the Exige could run with 1,9.

The ride you saw on the vid was done with approx. 2,1 and 2,3. I found noone to confirm on 2,0 and so I wanted to stay on the save side with the tire pressure.

Thank you in any way and have a nice weekend.

Btw., the track is Bilster Berg, maybe you'll get the chance to go there.

• 1 month later...

Just saw this video of a Komotec Exige S EV 430 from the Nurburgring (containes crashed Porsches).

Shows what the car can do, even in the hands of an amateur.

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

By the time I'd have saved enough to buy a Komo-Tec-enhanced Exige S V6, I'd only be able to afford jeans like those, too! Fantastic video, though - I wonder how much the lap time would come down with the addition of those extra 80 horses. The car seems to take the extra power pretty effortlessly; I wonder how it would get on with 500hp!

Triple exhaust is from PB racing. I've been wanting to see one. It really is fugly. 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

I guess it was inspired by the F40.

I've seen worse but not convinced.

A V6 roadster's just about my idea of a perfect car for Monaco and the roads around it though. Probably rarer than La Ferraris out there too!

Triple exhaust: this is a Lotus, not a Ferrari! Orrible!

Over the years ... 1999-2001 Toyota Celica 1.8 ~ 2001-2004 Audi TT Quattro 225 hp ~ 2004-2005 Audi A3 2.0 TDI ~ 2005-2008 Honda S2000 ~ 2008-2014 Lotus Exige 240S ~ 2008-2012 Toyota Aygo 1.0 ~ June 2014-January 2015 Subaru WRX STI my 15 ~ 2013-November 2016 Lexus CT200h ~  June 2015-December 2018 Lotus Exige S V6 ~ NOW ~ January 2019 Lotus Exige 410 Sport ~ December 2016 Honda Civic Type R FK2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...