Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
A Real Dilemma - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

A Real Dilemma

V8 FOU

I really feel for you. To have the possibility of giving up the car you love - due to health. I sincerely hope you find a solution. I think the hand clutch sounds like a better - and a higher chance of success....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the link Günter provided is this an option? http://www.fte-autom...erstaerker.html

Possibly.But as i said before, it's not just the effort, but the problems with flexation. But I will have a go soon at the hinge idea,....

However, been to the Boat show today and looking at a couple it could be sell everything and buy a bigger boat!

I know Ikeya of Japan have a kit for the Elise...

They offer a paddle shift system that has automatic clutch actuation.

http://www.ikeya-f.co.jp/en/mfps.html

Maybe they have something that can be adapted to the Esprit?

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Put an auto box in it

The only 'box that will fit easliy is the R25 and that is a horrible unit. Only 3 speed and no lock up. Yuk!

Drove the car down to the boat today.

Got caught in traffic - my ankle is horrendous, I can barely walk.

So it may be that the Esprit has to go. Sob!!

• Gold FFM

as I have said, the simplest thing would be an hydraulic-slave that is activated via electrical signal.

..if you fear the work with clutch forks and lever systems there to add an 'external' slave, just fit one of those 'center action' clutch slave who sit in the bellhousing directly on the clutch-shaft (available even from AP) ..of course, you would need to change for an 'push type' clutch, but that should be a small problem to sort out.

If you actually plan to sell the car -do so, sell it and drive an ordinary 'daily driver' type of car with auto-box ..like every old man has to do

Edited by Günter

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Drove a SMT MR2 roadster today, basically the standard manual gearbox but with hydraulic actuators for the shift selection and clutch. Made me think that the Esprit clutch could easily be converted.

BTW, the BMW SMG gearbox uses a FTE hydraulic actuator for the clutch slave cylinder.