Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Gold S2/ Brown Marcasite - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Gold S2/ Brown Marcasite

Hi,

I have just bought a Gold S2 which is a pretty nice original car just the usual problems of lack of use. I need to find some brown marcasite material just to retrim the door pulls where can i get some? does any one here have some off cuts maybe?, the rest of it is very good with very minor discolouring. I want to do just a few bits to get it driving nicely and use it on a resonably daily basis.

Thanks

Anthony

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Many thanks, only 1 pic but not sure how you upload them to this site.

• Gold FFM

I think it is not possible to get brown marcasite anymore - but I think you can get a similar replacement - I also think that is might be possible to dye it - but again not sure. Do a search and see what pops up - good to see another Esprit owner in London. It is the monthly TVR / Lotus and Ginetta meet at the Ace Cafe this evening and hopefully a few Esprits will turn up so if you want to meet a few others and discuss their cars do come along.

post-2977-0-94536400-1348059953.jpg

Thanks every one.

Funny when i was growing i had my first S2 at 21 and owned about 8 after that and i never wanted a gold one, but this time i went out specifically for a gold one (although that blue looks nice as well). I think its because you rarely see them now, most of the Gold ones have changed colour.

My personal opinion these days is to buy original and if you are going to restore, restore to original.

Ferrari have started that certficate scheme where they will only issue certificates to that effect.

I am in the process of retrimming mine and Brown Marcasite is what Im getting rid of. If you only want enough to do the door pulls I can probably find some from the few undamaged bits I have but there isnt enough to do much more. Let me know....

Phil

Hi Phil,

That would be perfect it is only really the drivers side pull which is knackered so if I'm using marcasite of the same era it will blend in a lot better.

Thanks in advance

Why it had to be a gold one. Its an iconic image.post-2977-0-73010700-1348148960.jpg

Hi Anthony, Ive just checked to see what Ive got and the rear of the glove box looks very good for a 35 year old piece of fabric. I will remove the fabric and post it to you if you email me your address.

Hope it helps

Phil

pjmleech@gmail.com