Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New classifieds features - Forum Info & Help - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New classifieds features

Bibs

You can now sort categories by price, date added, date modified etc, all in ajax so no screen refresh.

eg - http://www.lotusforsale.com/ad-category/cars/

There's now a multiple image uploader on the listing page (again in ajax so nice and quick!)

:)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 1 year later...

I've just added some 'sold' markers than now appear on the main page and also the individual ads.

post-1-0-28177000-1404922139.png

You may have to refresh the page to see them as we run all the traffic for that site through Cloudflare.

Nice :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• 2 months later...

I don't particularly like it. Mainly from a privacy point of view. It's fine to divulge address/location details to someone who is going to come and see the car, but to broadcast that information indiscriminately makes me uncomfortable. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Our classifieds have been running for over a decade now but would it be better if it was upgraded to include auctions which appear to be the thing right now? There would still be 'buy it now' prices for straight classifieds.

It's a bit of work to move it over but I'm happy to get it done if it'll be used :)

• Like 1

I think you under utilise your classified ads. It is not highlighted enough on initial look at TLF.

Auction - perhaps but you probably don't have enough eyeballs to generate a decent price for the seller. Worth a go but suspect prices will be soft, as most auctions are even with a large subscription base. Good for buyers.

Justin

We have about 1,000 visitors a day on there. I appreciate it could be better highlighted but it does well in organic search as well as referrals from the forums. I'll have a look at making the links more visible.

• Like 1

I don't think upgrading to allow auction is worth the effort. There are plenty of sites for that, I see the TLF classifieds more as a way to sell to or buy from likeminded enthusiasts, with always room to barter.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 1 year later...

Myself and the mod team are often telling members that ads need to be placed in our classifieds. LFS has been running for over a decade now and has great SEO so it's a good option and while I, like most others, don't always read the rules it is a condition of membership to use that and not post in the forums. 

What would you folks prefer? Are the classifieds easy enough to use & understand or should we allow for sale adverts on the forums? Happy to take all opinions. Thank you :)

What is the difference between posting on LFS and making a forum post for something you have for sale?  Is it linked to trading and/or license rules or is just a preferred thing to have done since the site is SEO and can result in better hits for the seller?

Honestly I think a classified section would be easier. Now you see something in the 'for sale' sections of the forum and then have to click another link to LFS to see the pictures and details. I do appreciate LFS has its own benefits and might score better in searches from those outside the forum.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 6 months later...