Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
how many here are bikers - Page 9 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

how many here are bikers

troy21

• 2 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...

Also a biker.

Probably forgotten most of what I've owned (or didnt pay enough attention while I had them!), but here's a few

Honda CL125, Dominator, Transalp, three Africa twins, CB650, F4i, a Honda Automatic bike (!), Suzuki Vstrom (two of), a Honda CX650 Turbo, Yamaha XS650, various 50cc mopeds (perhaps 20), BMW C1's (several)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I’ve been a biker for 30 years now and still ride everyday no matter what the weather is generally, only heavy ice or snow means the car comes out.

If I ever take the car to work it adds 40 mins to my day.

These days I ride a CB500X which is no rocket ship but working within 5 miles my previous VFR800 Vtec never got warm, the CB is a perfect all round commuter and very cheap to run along with great comfort.

7DDFD116-2D93-451D-B1CA-0FAE1E7E7EFA.thumb.jpeg.ceb8ce8a21aa85e4c9a4e8db3d714f88.jpegIt is wearing Givi Crash bars these days and spotlights.

My previous bikes;

Various 50cc - RD,AR,DT and MBX

RD80LC

RG 125 Gamma, RD125LC, TZR, RG 125 FUN

RGV’s x 3, KR1S and KR1

NC30 x 2

CBR400RR x2

CBR600F and RR

Suzuki Bandit

Triumph Bonneville America

Suzuki Vstrom 650

VFR800 Vtec 

CB500X

My favourite was;

046B8F8C-E81B-48DA-AD0F-DA002F8F55D0.jpeg.1143753d165c4d2bc05c5dbc60099fe7.jpeg

Loved this bike but so did everyone else it seemed as had a few failed theft attempts 🙄

Next bike will be a Honda Crossrunner I think and maybe another RGV to restore 😁

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Yes loved them. Had a 750 Kawasaki triple. and the Suzuki  kettle but never had an Rx Yamaha

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Was scarey in its day. Particularly on roundabouts when you leant it over it felt like you were going to drop it, very similar to the z1 b I had. Would also shake it's head when it came on song, had a narrow rev band

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Yes you really notice these early bikes now, had a go on a RD350LC recently which was fun until laying it down on the bends, just didn’t feel safe anymore. In their hay day these used to give my RGV a good run.

Mind with Allspeeds the 350LC’s do sound fantastic.

My mate is building a X7 cafe racer at the moment which sounds nice Pete and starting to look pretty trick now.

Long live the strokers!

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Some lovely bikes here. Started with an Aprillia RS250, loved it, also had a KX250 motocrosser until it got stolen. Real shame it was one of the last built. Currently ride a 2017 ZX10RR which has 3 power modes, all of them ludicrous.

• Like 1

Found this picture the other day, me & my RD350YPVS, going by the scuffs on the engine casings & the missing nose fairing this was after I’d dropped it on a diesel covered roundabout, bought the bike In early 84, fitted F3 Allspeeds & had it mildly fettled by a place in Newport that tuned scooters. It was mental! I repaired it from this knock & then had a mates show bike Honda CBX turbo knocked over on to it. 
Before this I’d had a 250LC at 17 in 81 & a Honda CBX550F already, after the second lot of damage to the the 350 I sold it to a guy who was going to race it & bought a Honda VF750F before I was 21 in 85.

Had a lot of bikes since then including 4 Fireblades, an R1 & a GSXR1000 although my favourite remains the 916 which I’ve mentioned in this thread before. I’ve still got an 848 sat in the garage but it’s not seen light of day now for eighteen months unfortunately.

4D3F539B-3E55-4773-A016-CB05B3791590.jpeg

• Like 1

Biker or ex-biker?

These were my motor bikes: Honda SL125, Honda 400 superdream, Kawasaki KE100, Husqvarna WR 250, KTM 100 (with battery powered lights and a squeezy hooter), Husqvarna WR 250.

I was racing at Manby showground and broke my hip. I have responsibilities so I had to get responsible and quit motor biking. I used to race the bike about once a month but nothing in between, it was an accident waiting to happen. After each race I'd have to clean and service the bike and to be honest it was a bit of a faff.

Before the accident I used to mountain bike for fitness. After the accident and once my hip was fixed I continued mountain biking for fitness and fun. After a ride it was a case of clean the bike and oil the chain, a lot less faff.. I don't do so much mountain biking these days due to family commitments.

2 hours ago, Dunc said:

I commute every day on my Z-1000.

I fell off last week and I'ma bit sore... Shoulder a bit unhappy...

😞

Ouch, get well soon, nothing broken, so how’s the bike?

thanks - nothing broken, just muscular tears and bruising I think. I had crash bungs and sliders fitted, so bike not as bad as it could have been.

Brake pedal badly bent, abrasion on exhaust, rad shroud broken, mirrors damaged, and sacarficial sliders destroyed, but other than that, not too bad.

I have plastic motocross style hand guards fitted, and they seem to have acted as bar sliders, so will replace them also.

If nothing else it is an excuse to buy more carbon fibre bits as it is cheaper than buying plastic rad shrouds from Kawasaki.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As I can’t ride it, I thought I may as well clean it.

After bringing it out of winter hibernation, I got to ride it once before the lockdown 😩

It’s 10 years old this year and I’ve owned it from new and it’s still in superb condition and only has 14,000 miles. I keep thinking about getting something newer, but it’s been completely reliable in those 10 years and with 150hp still feels ballistic every time I take it out.

Yamaha FZ1 Fazer.

BB61D300-FA7B-4602-95B9-8875BECC176A.jpeg

• Like 1

On 04/03/2016 at 21:39, JayEmm said:

...The only bike I really have is my Grandfather's old Triton, which I must recommission sometime.

Now you make me feel old. When I first got into biking I built 2 Tritons. Good times, through my rose tinted spectacles. After so many years of riding good bikes however, I am now fully aware of actually how dreadful they really were. Oily jeans and numb hands. Those were the days.

“You can’t have too many bikes"