IGNORED

Pilots

Bibs

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 24/03/2018 at 02:07, punky said:

Ive just had the pleasure of traveling around south america on this beauty for the last month.

SA2.thumb.jpg.a1076bad5295e430a44d88b857bf1447.jpg

We also get the opportunity to sit up front for takeoff and landings.

IMG_1786.thumb.jpg.492c7270a35daecdf755c5b8befca927.jpg

Best Jet made! Even better to fly! :>):)

• Like 1

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know of a good flight sim for windows 10. Had to give up flying due to bank manager. Flight sim X does not work.

Although the incident DID happen, both of the Hunter photos are faked, sadly...here's how...

http://www.aerialcombat.co.uk/2016/04/seven-seconds-the-tower-bridge-hawker-hunter-incident.html

• Thanks 1

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/03/2018 at 18:07, punky said:

Ive just had the pleasure of traveling around south america on this beauty for the last month.

SA2.thumb.jpg.a1076bad5295e430a44d88b857bf1447.jpg

We also get the opportunity to sit up front for takeoff and landings.

IMG_1786.thumb.jpg.492c7270a35daecdf755c5b8befca927.jpg

Flight deck visits... Inspired me as a 4 year old on a 747 to become an airline pilot. I'll never forget seeing all those lights and the crew being so welcoming on a flight to Cincinnati #twa!! 

It all ended in the U.K. after 9/11.. no more passengers in the cockpit after engine start. Its a shame as you're allowed to in other countries but not here 🙄..

IMG_6612.JPG

IMG_6297.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2017 at 12:21, molemot said:

Nice day for a bit of open cockpit...elbow nonchalantly on the airframe....(!)

image.thumb.png.abcead8ca3fe4e8c9ad34d896d59eeeb.png

Amazing picture, Molemot (and that article on spinning. I remember the spin-recovery drill was pretty unusual for the Fin).

Used to fly these. Now a boring old airline pilot, who's flown A330s, A340s, B747s and now flies B777s. Very, very tedious compared to these (and Hawks, which are/were lovely)

• Like 2