Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TDI Charity Evora Dyno Day - 30th March - Page 5 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TDI Charity Evora Dyno Day - 30th March

Bibs

1. Mel Davies, Evora NA + Radium and Sport exhaust.
2. Chris Weeden, Evora NA + Radium otherwise standard
3. M1LUM, NA with Chavvy exhaust, std intake
4. TomE, Evora S MY11 with decat

5. Ryan L, Evora S MY11 Decat, Sports exhaust & K&N.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm much looking forward to getting TDI's attentions. (Whatever the date, it has been agreed for some time now.)

Because of the "uncertainties" about quite how the Radium CAI achieves its results, discussed here and substantially elsewhere, the more with the CAI who attend the better. Pleased to see now two of us, although one with standard and one with Sport exhaust. Getting at least two of each would be ideal, to seek evidence of the claimed "variations".  (Suggestion: I always use Shell V Power; if others also, for the day.........)

TDI have tested and worked with the Radium CAI on one NA as an initial basis for their own research. I've reported here before (TDI CAI PLUS thread, mainly) that from speaking with them, although the airflow metering difference does lean the mix out a little, it remains within a satisfactory range.  Re our Charity day they said - for CAI cars - they would add measurement of the mix to their standard dyno run.  I am more than eager to have that done and expect results to be of interest to many.  Do I recall correctly someone's post that Radium say they have sold 300+ CAIs ?

On another forum there has been informed emphasis on the difficulty and the importance of getting the right intake air ambient temperature and the engine heat effects on a stationary dyno. Will be interested to see TDI's approach on this. They have mentioned to me they can simulate car movement of up to 160 mph, but no idea whether that will be part of our package. But perhaps not so significant on a single brief dyno run.

Are we having a rough schedule? I'll take any reasonable time, but mid-morning ideal.

Looking forward to a good "group-think"!

:rolleyes:

1. Mel Davies, Evora NA + Radium and Sport exhaust.
2. Chris Weeden, Evora NA + Radium otherwise standard
3. M1LUM, NA with Chavvy exhaust, std intake
4. TomE, Evora S MY11 with decat

5. Ryan L, Evora S MY11 Decat, Sports exhaust & K&N.

6. Bruss - Red Evora

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Hi If I can change something around I'll come along to watch. I have a 2012 Evora, so don't need a Dyno, but as I've never seen one in the flesh before it would be nice to see

This is now going to be a morning session which I think will be ok as most of you seem to be planning on turning up fairly early anyway. 

Please ensure you arrive between 9am and midday. This will be enough time for everyone to get on the dyno and will free up the workshop for TDI in the afternoon.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Should be there around 9.30.  Look forward to meeting everyone.

I see TDI have a webcam & audio feed so anyone with nothing better to do can watch & listen to us testing!

https://www.tdi-plc.com/catalog/content/tdi_webcam.html

Unfortunately I have had to change my plans and I am no longer able to make it on Saturday which is disappointing in many ways.

Have fun and please post some pictures and charts afterwards.

cheers

-Chris

A big thanks to Sam and the boys at TDI today over at Lakeside, Thurrock.  They gave up their time once again to raise money for the GT Ormond Street hospital charity.

Results were good for me.

Good to see a few Evoras all together as well.

oops- can't see the numbers on there.

312.1 hp @ 6350 rpm and 271.7 lbft @ 4840 rpm.

Figures taken at the hub.

Guestimate at the fly (plus 12.5%) = 351hp.

edit- and a vid

post-6472-0-37378000-1364665039.jpg

post-6472-0-85723500-1364665286.jpg

post-6472-0-87933100-1364665295.jpg

A very professionally managed test session at TDI today.  Many thanks to them, and especially to Sam for a chat on several interesting topics.  And to you Bibs for fixing it. And for the chat with others over coffee. Well worth the wait.  (A little snow on my way back - but we'd beaten it!) 

Having stopped off at B&C for a solo test drive in the Exige - wow! - I've just been writing up the results for NA plus Radium CAI and posted them on the CAI thread. They are "satisfactory"!  I will put up the graphs soon, but I need to scan the printouts and work out the tech. I hope my report on the CAI thread covers the important points and will do for now 

• Gold FFM

Great to meet everyone this morning, although rather scary to see your car perched on a couple of shopping trolleys and bouncing off the rev limiter! I have videos of everyone's sessions which I'll upload over the next couple of days.

My car made 318bhp (corrected and at the flywheel) at 5890rpm and 271lb-ft at 4230rpm. Power a bit down on the factory spec but about 10bhp up on what Paul's car measured before modifications. Despite everyone trying to persuade me to be "disappointed" in the results I still managed a spirited cross-country drive home and didn't feel under-powered despite knowing I was missing a few ponies ;)

Interesting to see the much flatter torque curve on the S compared to the NA - mine was between 260 and 270 from 3000rpm up to 5500rpm and over 240 from 2000 up to 6000.

Nice chatting this morning and some interesting results all round. If I was to draw anything from today and previous results in terms of a way forward it's that I would like my car mapped to make the most of what's available. I get the feeling the various modifications that have been carried out have had varying success at matching the ecu settings.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.