Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TDI Charity Evora Dyno Day - 30th March - Page 3 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TDI Charity Evora Dyno Day - 30th March

Bibs

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the illustrations chaps, they do remind me of my several winters in Shetland and Scotland.  (Except your pics show unusually flat ground!) My Evora is my number 2 car - no need for winter tyres - and I'd take my DD without a second thought, but as we know, the problem is the other driver, nervous, inexperienced etc.

We'll know more before Sat; I see the main band is actually scheduled for Friday. I'll not give up lightly -it's a great opportunity.

PS: Re the topic, what about these new cars without a proper handbrake? How are you supposed to bring the back end round on the slippy stuff?

I've been looking at forecasts of temperature and progress of snow tomorrow. Hopefully leaving bravura and jokes aside, I suggest it would be worth asking TDI if their test day might be re-scheduled - to establish that in principle at least. It's not good here. (I'm one of very few locally to have been out for a trial; I've posted a few words on Kimbers "weather" thread on general chat.)

I will not be giving up easily as, apart from my own interest, I think I'm the only one with a Radium CAI to have put their name down and I'm aware that several other people are interested in the test results. (And the air/fuel mixture monitoring that I've asked for and has been agreed - in my particular Radium case.) And of course, most of us going are hoping for all the info on TDI's intake work and anticipated products.

But unless there is a distinct improvement, I may not be able to make it up to the M3/M25. They hopefully will be ok, but the local bit could be a problem. In whatever case, my arrival time is impossible to guess. Latish in the day is most likely.

Edited by mdavies

From TDI

From our perspective we’re still OK to do it but I guess it depends on whether the guys can get here!

We’re happy to re-schedule if necessary.

It's too late to cancel in truth, not everyone who is going is going to be online between now and tomorrow morning I'm sure so it would be poor for them to turn up and be on their own.

If you can't make it because of the weather, so be it but TDI are happy to proceed, so am I. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

I've just left work in London to try and get home, as it's snowing steadily in town and harder at home. School sent the kids home at 11.

If this continues as per forecast I won't go tomorrow. Much as I'd like to see everyone and test the car, last time I drove a Lotus in these conditions I ended up in a field with a big bill.

Sorry Bibs, but I'm pulling out too. Practically nothing is moving around here except the odd 4x4 or perhaps on the right tyres. I did spot a couple of big lorries - would have preferred not! We've had another 2 inches since my trial run this morn and it was tricky enough then. Just walked through two large residential areas and practically nobody has taken their car out - a percent or two. Be different to be the only one trying to battle through (and back), but we know that is not the case. One jackknife .......

Do hope something can be arranged in a month or two, as TDI seem willing to do.

Edited by mdavies

A fair amount of snow here and our house is at the top of a single track hill so gets little traffic to clear a way through the snow.

As much as I really want to get there it just isn't going to happen so with regret I have to pull out this time.

It's a real shame and I will certainly try to be there if we can reschedule

construction and property consultants : My company

Prudence has had her say now.

More snow and -6 overnight to freeze it solid, so, regrettably, I will not be braving it tomorrow.

Really hope something can be re-arranged in the future and apologies to those who have put so much into arranging this opportunity.

Nice to meet with the guys at TDI today and a very informative chat. Glad to say mine was the most powerful Evora on the dyno today :harhar: .

My setup is Lotus sports exhaust with third cat removal and K&N filter panel in the standard air box.

259.9bhp @ 6130rpm

248ftlb Torque @ 4440rpm

All readings at the hub.

Tried to link the graphs from photo bucket but the forum isn't letting me.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Writing as a professional engineer (not auto) and not as anyone to do TDI, people should appreciate they work to established professional standards with a full understanding of the underlying science and the difficulties of making meaningful measurements. Read the three dyno downloads from their website as a start. Very easy to make invalid comparisons. No more as from my phone - perhaps as well!

Can't work edit but meant to say invalid comparisons with others.