Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Samco coolant hose kit - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Samco coolant hose kit

neill1607

I want one, but Samco don't make one.

They'd be prepared to look at making a kit, if there were 10-15 people who are interested in buying a kit.

I'd be wanting one for an '88 carb turbo - Do all the 4 pots have the same cooling hoses or are they different? If different, it's probably a waste of time. but if all hoses (or maybe 90%) of them are the same it may be worth investigating further.

They'd also need a set of oringinal hoses to make a match, so if anyone's got some old ones (Sparky?) maybe they could be used as templates.

I think that some people have bought kits from the "far east", but I'd rather go for something with a good reputation & "local" support.

Thoughts/comments, anyone?

Hooligan at heart.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive fitted  the set from the far east.  Fits fine with no problems. Havent had the engine running yet so cant comment on durability. 

JAE in the USA has quality silicone hose sets not only for the WP/engine area but also the radiator area, all those hoses leading to  the aluminum chassis pipes between the front wheels.  I have never seen those offered in silicone elsewhere whether Samco, Far East or otherwise.

"If everything is under control, you're going too slow." - Mario Andretti

All I have seen on eBay are the 7-piece kits from WP/engine to rear of chassis pipes, which do fortunately include the only Lotus-unique hose on the car (the one that snakes through the chassis), but not the hoses that actually connect to the radiator at the front of the car.  If you can direct me to a source for these in silicone, I will be grateful.  I do have a source for silicone heater hose and the WP bypass elbow.

"If everything is under control, you're going too slow." - Mario Andretti

Em, not sure where your looking. Click on the link below to ebay and you'll see that every kit from the far east includes the radiator hoses. They are the two longest ones. On the bottom of the pages are kits available on ebay America cheers Dave http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=lotus+esprit+silicone&_sacat=0&_odkw=lotus+esprit&_sop=10&_fcid=99&gbr=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_clu=2

• 6 months later...

Hey can you guys that bought a kit from Ebay that worked well provide link to the exact listing? I am going to buy a set to install while I have the engine out. Also, for the ones not included (header tank, heater etc), what length and size of standard hose should I get?

Thanks

John
94 S4

• 2 weeks later...

John, there's a couple of those hoses you mentioned with length descriptions on the Esprit Fact File. I checked the diameters of the listed Gates parts and bought equivalent silicone hose here in Europe (couldn't find the gates bits anywhere nearby)

http://www.espritfactfile.com/coolinghoses.html

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8