project S4 Esprit - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

project S4 Esprit

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes ,that's what I was thinking of doing.I also have another question.How do I test to see if the A/C compressor is working.

When I bought the car it was not running as the gas pressure had dropped.Can I manually test it or something like that??

• 4 months later...

Nice!

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• 1 month later...

Good job! Did you repaint the chargecooler btw?

I think I will start a new thread.

Engine in ,all wired up,power up and got  the voice from the alarm(ALARM ACTIVATED,WARNING-STAND CLEAR)

eventually dis- armed it.Anyway when I turn the key all I get is a click by the relays under the bonnet,any ideas ??

• 6 months later...

Hi,just to get you up to speed on my two year mission to boldly restore my S4 Esprit.I placed an advert on Pistonheads for an Esprit which needed some restoration work doing to it.Had a reply from somebody up the north of England  who had an S4 in mustard yellow that belonged to her late husband.I could not not go and look at it because it was soo far away,so had to look at the pictures and agreed a price.It took myself and my wife a twelve hour round trip to bring it back to Weston s Mare.

Ok then when we got it back I just put it away because I had also bought a black S4 which I sold  to Top Plumber(sorry I could not make the Lotus do ,had to go to Venice,50th birthday).I was happy,i had my Esprit fix ,even if it was not on the road.

I would work on it on and off.To give you an idea of the restoration ahead of me I started at the front and worked back replacing everything with new Lotus or top quality parts.Firstly the lights were rotten,so rotten that a previous owner in the past had unsealed the lights,stuck baco foil in them and then silicon-ed them back together ,so you can see the task I had ahead of me.

Anyway fast forward to now,every thing has been replaced, I took the engine out and did all the ancillaries put the engine and the rings were stuck,so took the engine out and replaced all the worn bits inside and put it back in,a word to the wise,if you put a new rear crank seal in and then strip the engine down,replace that seal again it has just started leaking(will drop the gearbox and this weekend and fit a new one)    

Apart from that the car is fine and every thing now works,I have taken the S4 spoiler off and will be fitting and S4s spoiler,I will be fitting a composite roof and have fitted OZ  Saturns.The front and rear bumpers heve been squeezed and although they are fine it gives me a good excuse to fit a Sport 300 kit.Watch this space???

That's looking better and better man. Keep it up.

Straight through the MOT.

Will take gearbox off this weekend,fit crank seal,new drive shaft seals,de-cat and new front and rear pads,job done.Going to use it for a bit then it will be up for sale to fund my S3 project.

That's looking really nice Paul. Good job. I have just put together a centre exit exhaust for the black S4. Just ordered the v8 rear valence. Boys toys eh?

Regards

Wayne

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

That's looking really nice Paul. Good job. I have just put together a centre exit exhaust for the black S4. Just ordered the v8 rear valence. Boys toys eh?

Regards

Wayne

Wayne, any details on this? i'm thinking of doing this to mine (carb turbo)

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Yes Chris, PM me  I would be happy to talk some more. Don't want to hijack Pauls thread, although im sure he wouldn't mind. ;-)

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

• 7 months later...