Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
wont start - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

wont start

red vtec

I have just replaced the airbox to  turbo pipe and the car won't start, I can hear the fuel pump, the starter turns over. I have pulled a plug and can't seem to see a spark, but it's hard to see yourself when cranking it over. I have checked the leads are on the dizzy etc, any ideas?

its a carb turbo

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM

Yeah, I reckon it's 1 or 2 above.  Unless you've installed silicon and reducers, in which case the car will refuse to start on principle.  And I support its decision.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

The wires all seem to be firm and in place, the starter solinoid wire had come lose but I put that back on hence the starter turning over.

It's got to be a loose wire

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM

So, the 2-pin connector running from the boot to the distributor is OK?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I'm assuming you didn't remove the boot/electrics. I'm going with coil, physically pull the HT lead out of the coil and replace it. I mean push it back in.

Edited by Roger the Dodger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I have a two pin connector  with a green wire and a green and blue wire running from the ignition module, any ideas where this plugs in?

Amateurs built the Ark

Chris, remember at "Beltfest" Mike6 telling us about the problem he had on his carb turbo which I'm sure involved the lead Sparky mentions, have a look at the thread he posted on how he sorted it out, it's quite recent.

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

got it started, it was that lead.

Thanks

Amateurs built the Ark

I remember beltfest ;)

Try that lead Chris ;)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Yes you two were absolute stars.

Amateurs built the Ark

• Gold FFM

Well, I haven't heard from Simon Cowell yet...

I'm sure you will when the Veyron needs a belt change

Amateurs built the Ark

• Gold FFM

In that case, I'd like a Smack Paul In The Face With A Wet Fish Fest.