jimblob

I never put any pictures of my GT3 up so here you go 

DSC_1215_zpsdc3a7b5f.jpg

DSC_1208_zps46024af2.jpg

DSC_1211_zps7537546e.jpg

DSC_1228_zps4ff20b62.jpg

DSC_1227_zps074cab6e.jpg

DSC_1216_zpsee84de01.jpg

I live about ten minutes from the ace cafe and have never been there so if any of you lot are ever going let me know and ill come say hi :)

Think there is an Ace Cafe meeting on Wednesday 17th.

Also are the seats and carpet "original" in terms of colour? 

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

Thanks for the comments guys :) the seats and the carpet are original lotus I have the birth certificate for it and it says that this was the only GT3 to have this interior colour combination.

Are the details of the wednesday 17th ace cafe meet on here? I will try to make it :)

• Gold FFM

Wow, love the color.....

Now if it just had the steering wheel on the correct side. :)

Brian

It is.

And, just a stunning looking car. :thumbsup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Ohh and one of the 'original' 50 GT3's too, very nice colour combo :thumbsup:

We are meeting down the Ace this Wednesday (17th) for Lotus, TVR, Ginetta and Marcos night, I will be there around 6:30

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/58732-ace-cafe-meet-this-wednesday-17th-july/

See you there, look forward to seeing your GT3 :)

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Nice car and as many have said love the colour combo.  Whats the chassis number, would love to know how near to mine in production it is.  Mine is 22, 21 being the last 2 digits of the chassis number.

The last two digits of the chassis number are 43 :) . I only just got back from work so not sure if I am going to make the ace tonight feeling a bit tired, but if I perk up a bit I will drive down.

Your right Paul it didn't but on pre 98 facelift cars you could have a Sport 300/S4s type wing as a special order then after that you could have the V8 wing.  At the risk of starting the whole debate I love the wing on mine and would never remove it, especially as the car now wears OZ Nova's which chunk the car up and make the wing look less large in some ways.

Jimi, so that makes your car 44 off the line by my reckoning.  You said you have birth cert, what is the production date?  Mine is November 96, although the car was not first registered until March 97.

production date 21st of february 97, registered new may 97. When I first bought it I thought it needed a wing but after a few days I started to feel it would not sit right with this car, one thing I would like is your Oz Novas or OZ magnesios :D Any pics of the ace cafe night? sorry I didn't make it felt too knackered after work with this heat. 

Oh and a exhaust I really need one of them the car sounds all wrong its so quiet. 

Taken the wing off my S4 and will be fitting an S4s wing instead.

I am sure I saw once a S4 with both the original wing and a S4S wing and from what I remember it didn't look too bad.

am sure I saw once a S4 with both the original wing and a S4S wing and from what I remember it didn't look too bad.

Are you thinking of x6gas's X180 with S4 & S4s wings ??

image18601.jpg

More photos on his website: http://www.cytherean.co.uk/esprit/

Steve

89 SE Pacific Blue

http://lexi.mantaur.co.uk

• Gold FFM

You're right Mark. It's doesn't look right, but it is a lot further up the tailgate than the S4 wing, which may make it look odd.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

I've worked on a yellow S4 (for 2 different owners) with both wings.  Don't like.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.