Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Double DIN Stereo Fitting - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Double DIN Stereo Fitting

• Gold FFM

That's an odd looking panel!? Cheers for the link Simon, but I don't need it :) . Installation (almost) complete.

When I say almost, I still need to wire up the microphone for the bluetooth, the handbrake wire and a reversing camera that arrived in the post today (£12 special from ebay).

When I say it took a lot of dremel work...

Signature not working...

• Gold FFM

It's difficult to take a decent pic of the stereo when the car's in the garage. Either it's too dark or the flash bounces of the screen. You should get an idea of what I've done.

In the image below the camera is isn't handling the depth of field very well, and showing up the dirt on the leather...

stereo_08.jpg

A no flash shot to show the vertical light bar matched with the colour of the car.

stereo_09.jpg

The picture below is a reminder to replace the worn light switch :)

stereo_10.jpg

It isn't the most orthodox of installs and it is of course irreversible, but I like it :).

The stereo (Sony XAV-601BT) is awesome :band:

Signature not working...

• Gold FFM

Cheers Travis, we agree on cars and music! I reckon The Real Thing is the better album, especially for driving.

I sort of like the interior, but I have been giving it some thought on changing the colour of the leather. I do have a thing for black leather ;) and considering dying it.

• Like 1

Signature not working...

• Gold FFM

Hi Ged, no I don't have different seats and I do need to repair a hole in the drivers. I presume they would be a straight forward fit to an earlier car like mine?

Send me a pic of them at what kind of price you are looking for, I may have some left over from my getting it back on the road budget :).

Signature not working...

Thanks Bibs, I had better take some pics then!

They are straight forward to fit, the most you would need to do is to drill 4 holes (through the floor) per seat and then slot the new seat in and do up 4 nuts.

I'll go and sort out the pics.

Ged

• Gold FFM

Cheers for the link Bibs.

The description says they are light grey; I was hoping they were black leather as you mentioned them after me saying I wanted a black interior :(. Good price tho Ged, I've seen a pair with more use for a bit more. I'll wait for pics to see how grey they are and if they would suit my interior.

Signature not working...

Try these for size.

Both seats have a small white mark on the centre line - you can just see it in the picture of the passenger seat squab.

post-8786-0-72972700-1376593026.jpg

post-8786-0-16746900-1376593045.jpg

post-8786-0-78214800-1376593059.jpg

post-8786-0-56759200-1376593075.jpg

post-8786-0-56465700-1376593093.jpg

post-8786-0-72083600-1376593111.jpg

post-8786-0-72959800-1376593123.jpg

post-8786-0-17924100-1376593138.jpg

post-8786-0-60316700-1376593157.jpg

post-8786-0-76572100-1376593169.jpg

Excellent work Alan.

Question for you.  I have a single DIN HU with a sliding screen.  I have purchased a rear view backup camera and a mount that is fitted on a license plate frame. 

Wondering where on your car you mounted your backup camera?  Did you have to drill holes for wiring in the body work?  I am trying to muster courage for my install, so any ideas/advice appreciated.

Stu

Stu Calgary Alberta ' 69 Plus 2 '0 0 Esprit V8

• Gold FFM

Ged, you tease! How much would it cost to have them couriered? I don't have the transport to get them from Norwich to Swindon.

Stuart, I haven't mounted the camera yet as I didn't get any time on the Esprit this weekend. The plan is to fit it above the reg plate, between the two reg plate lamps. It will mean drilling 3 holes; one for the cable and two for the mounting screws. I just need to have a rummage for a suitable grommit for the cable hole so the vibration doesn't chafe the cable and to keep the water out too.

This is the camera I bought. It's a right cheapie, but should do the job!

Signature not working...

Thanks Alan.

Similar thoughts here.  Unfortunately the camera I purchased has rather large wire connector ends on it, so I am also puzzling through getting an appropriate grommet.  Have to drill a pretty big hole behind the license plate I guess.  Going to make sure the camera works correctly with the HU prior to surgery.

This is the license plate frame I got to hold the actual camera.  Obviously sized for this side of the pond. 

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500KTXC10L/Alpine-KTX-C10LP.html

Stu

Stu Calgary Alberta ' 69 Plus 2 '0 0 Esprit V8

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
On 01/08/2013 at 16:39, fjmuurling said:

Attached a pdf for printing a Turbo Esprit Heater panel. I found this years ago on LEF. (I did not make it and forgot who did)

Turbo Esprit Heater Panel.pdf

is this pdf still available? Link does not seem to work.

Steve

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ehm if you wait.... possibly a long time I might have something for everyone considering the double din.... How about a whole audio processor and an Ipad, tablet or smart phone with a dvd or blu ray player. I really wish I saw Amplified... ITs a youtube show. Before I cut into my dash. My mods are reversable but I want to point out. With some fabbing you could just pull out the stereo completely and dock your phone instead. The only equipment that would be showing would be the controller for the processor which is much smaller than a stereo. The processor its self can fit under the Stevens dash behind a seat or on the back wall.

Here is why I am promoting it a 2 din is between 3 and 7 hundred avrage. The Audison bit 1 is 700 and down. I got mine used for 380 bucks shipped. That gives you HIFI with timing and EQ. This only needs to be paired with an optical or coaxial link for HIFI. I am looking into a solution for charging and outputting HIFI. If I can find one you bet its going to sound sweet. I should get my BIT 1 this week. OP may I post up in your thread about this??