Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Another resto... - Page 25 - Projects & Restorations - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Another resto...

mikeeech

Is that a self build (or at least Self project managed) or a more normal new build? 

Always fancied finding a plot of land myself, but fearful it might stop progress on my car resto!!!!! 

• Haha 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It would appear I have a character flaw that makes me see the best in every forlorn hope, from cars to houses. "It a house Jim but not as we know it"

On the plus side it has space for a 5 bay carridge house but needs connecting to the drains first as the septic tank has failed, then there is the matter of the roof, boiler etc. The question is does the kitchen come before the garage block!

• Haha 1

That's an easy one. 

5 Bay garage with pit and post lift, air conditioning etc. - plus nearby living quarters to keep at least some domestic bliss. But the cars need a roof as first priority😊👍😊

I know from bitter experience that unfortunately our cars are not good to be stood outside for too long. 

• Gold FFM
14 minutes ago, Tony D said:

I know from bitter experience that unfortunately our cars are not good to be stood outside for too long. 

If I leave the missus stood outside for much longer than 5 minutes in this weather she will just whinge for hours and hours...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only here once

• 4 months later...

Your following my route. One car in restoration, another for the road. Good move. 

When will we be seeing pictures?. 

A separate thread for the new car? 

Tony 

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

It's been a while since I've posted here. Life is conspiring against me and I have to sell my pride and joy. 

It's still not finished although it did have an MOT and grove to it's current location. It has been parked up for the last 12 months and the new su fuel pump has stopped working. 

Things to finish is the wiring, the heater needs proper install, the fuse box (under the driver's seat) needs to be more robust, and the interior trim needs renewing.

Other than that it has 10 or so miles on a fully rebuilt engine, polybushes, getrag gearbox, respray, galvanized chassis, well documented restoration (see above).

Question for you guys is, how much should I start it at?

PXL_20240316_130805729.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this. 

eBay classified would be the route I'd go. I would not auction unless you are in a rush. 

A good Elite is £8k to £12k. Immaculate might be £15k but over that is tough. A wreck is £3k to £5k and lots seem to like a wreck over 'ready to go'. 

Justin