Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Day at the Grampian Transport Museum - Sunday 10th August 2014 - Page 3 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Day at the Grampian Transport Museum - Sunday 10th August 2014

I'd like to join in please.

TRACK RUNS

Esprit GT3 (1997) - Gordon Masson

Esprit V8 (2003) - Brian King

Europa Special (1972) - Barry Smith

Exige V6 (20??) - Chris

Evora – Sharron and Dave

Exige S - Martin Shields

Elise SC – IanESC

Esprit GT3 / Elan M100 – Archie

Evora 2+2 - Kenny

Exige V6 - Jason

Esprit S4? - John & Wendy

Exige S V6 - Andrew Laing - Overnight stay and evening meal

Elise 160 Sport - Alan Glennie

Elise S2 2007 - Duggie & Sue.

Exige S - Craig

Eclat Excel. Bill Much.

Exige S 2007 - Gary Henderson

Hi

Only just noticed this, not on the forum as much as I should be. Lorna and myself will be along with both the Elan m100's. Iam happy to put my one round the track, but Lorna will not put her one on track

Regards

Andrew

• Like 1

STATIC

Elan M100 - Lorna

Excel - Bill Much

TRACK RUNS
Exige V6 (20??) - Chris
Evora – Sharron and Dave
Exige S - Martin Shields
Elise SC – IanESC
Evora 2+2 - Kenny
Exige V6 - Jason
Exige S - Craig
Eclat Excel. Bill Much.

Elan M100 - Andrew

Hi

Only just noticed this, not on the forum as much as I should be. Lorna and myself will be along with both the Elan m100's. Iam happy to put my one round the track, but Lorna will not put her one on track

Regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew

I have added you to the group PM list and when we organise events you will receive a message.

Brian

Hi folks,

The weather is not ideal for Sunday but I have just checked with GTM about the event and they are good to go......

Hi Gordon,

Good to hear from you - of course. The event will go ahead, in the event of bad weather we'll just monitor and get the drivers to keep the speed down just in case.

Fingers crossed the forecast changes. We've been fortunate with our events this year so hopefully the weather for the Lotus Day will come good too! BBQ Supplies are ordered anyway (and I have a gazebo, just in

case...) I'm just trying to find another couple of volunteers to help with Queues.

Selection of cars looks great.

Looking forward to Sunday!

Martyn

Gordon,

Elan just MOT'd, so I'd like to come along

STATIC

Elan M100 - Lorna

Excel - Bill Much

Elan Sprint DHC (1973) - Philip Imperiale

TRACK RUNS

Exige V6 (20??) - Chris

Evora – Sharron and Dave

Exige S - Martin Shields

Elise SC – IanESC

Evora 2+2 - Kenny

Exige V6 - Jason

Exige S - Craig

Eclat Excel. Bill Much.

Elan M100 - Andrew

Hi Philip, welcome to the forum.

I will add you to the group PM list and you will receive a message when we organise outings etc.

Hopefully the weather will be kind to us on Sunday.

See you then.

Elan just MOT'd, so I'd like to come along

STATIC
Elan M100 - Lorna
Excel - Bill Mutch
Elan Sprint DHC (1973) - Philip Imperiale
Esprit S4 - John & Wendy

TRACK RUNS
Exige V6 (20??) - Chris
Evora – Sharron and Dave
Exige S - Martin Shields
Elise SC – IanESC
Evora 2+2 - Kenny
Exige V6 - Jason
Exige S - Craig
Elan M100 - Andrew           

Excel SE -John McBeath

Elan Sprint- Alex Black

Hi folks

Looks like we have a good selection of cars for Sunday.

For those of you who have not been at one of the Grampian Transport Museum events before, the track runs are marshalled from 4 points at the West end of the circuit. (See attachment)

There will be a marshal who will organise people getting in and out of the cars at each queue point and its likely that we will only have one car servicing each queue and that will mean we have 4 cars on track at one time.

If there are a lot of people waiting for track runs then we may add additional cars.

Normally we take people out on track for 3 or 4 laps (again depending on the queues) but it has to be stressed that these are public demonstration runs and not intended to push cars to the limits. SAFETY FIRST

When approaching the queues at the west end of the track, speeds must be kept down but there is a chance to demonstrate the acceleration of the cars (within sensible limits) down the back straight.

We will be doing track runs between 2 and 4pm so we will probably split the runs up into 15 – 20 minutes per driver.  

The queues will be split into categories so that if someone is queuing to have a run in an Exige, we don’t change it out for an Esprit.

Running order and which queues the cars are in is just indicative and we will finalise that on the day.

QUEUE No. 1

Elise SC – IanESC

QUEUE No. 2

Exige V6 - Jason

Exige S - Martin Shields

Exige S - Craig

Exige V6 (20??) - Chris

QUEUE No. 3

Evora 2+2 - Kenny

Evora – Sharron and Dave

QUEUE No. 4

Excel SE -John McBeath

Elan Sprint- Alex Black

Elan M100 - Andrew          

We will enter the track via the East gate (opposite the Vale Hotel - See attachment) and the track run cars will be arranged in the area behind the grand stand.

The public will be able to view the cars in this area when they are not on track.

Its planned to make more of a feature of the Static Display cars and put them in the area nearer to the museum and behind the queuing area.

Im not sure how many of the GTM members will be attending but I think about 100 were there last year.

I will be there around 11.00am but this is a reminder of the running times:

• Museum opens – 10.00am
  • Arrival – 12.00 pm
  • BBQ open - 12.30pm
  • Briefing - 1.15pm
  • Track open to drivers for test runs - not something we normally do but can look at maybe a half hour window from say 12.30pm - 1.00pm to allow time for BBQ/Briefing etc? (Note this is just for a test run not high speed laps.)
  • Track runs start - 2pm
  • Track runs end -  4pm
  • Event closes 4pm
  • Museum closes 5pm

Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday

Cheers

Gordon

SCN_0025.pdf

post-237-0-82923500-1407500643.jpg

If anyone is interested I am heading to The Fennel, Inverurie for V8 Breakfast at Fennel, leaving from Kirkcaldy at 8:00am, meeting up with Dewarcraig at M&S Food/BP Petrol Station beside Bankhead Roundabout, leaving there at 8:15am sharp and following this route over Cairn o' Mount. We will leave The Fennel at 11:30am to head for Alford arriving about midday.

No need to add your names just be at M&S ready to leave at 8:15am sharp if you want to join us.

Brian

Have a great day folks.  Gutted not to be there although my tyres are probably relieved if they were to see out the rest of the summer tyre season!   :whistle:

Roll on next year as I should be home at this time of year with the rota.

Hope the weather holds and looking forward to seeing some photos stuck out here in Angola.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

Hi Allan, know how your feeling, this is only the third meet I have managed this year due to constant rota changes etc, on the plus side I am now going to make Brands this year though.

N3 needs the cobwebs blowing off and still have my licence till next month, so will pop up and say hello.

tut

Hi Tut,

That reads like there is a story there!  Maybe you have posted up in SE?  I haven't had enough time to $hit hardly, never mind read forums so I am maybe missing something.  Sounds ominous though.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Thanks to everyone for putting on a great event for GTM today and comming along in 'questionable weather'.

I will choose to ignore all the comments about my clutch (you know who you are...all of you!!!!) and I will have you know that this year my car left the track with my clutch fully operational.

GTM asked me to extend their thanks to all who took part.

They had great feedback from the guests and we hope to make this an annual event in the future.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Cheers

Gordon

• Like 2

Thanks to Gordon for organising this GTM. A great day with plenty of runs on the track and only a couple of showers during the event.

No broken cars this year (hopefully TUT's car was only low on fuel) during the event but a couple of incidents on the way home. One dead deer and a puncture. Red Excel hit a deer on the Cairn o' Mount road and Dougie & Susan had a puncture and got home 1:30am. The Excel had only minor damage to the front spoiler but the dear is now and ex-deer. No human injuries thankfully.

I will sort through my photos and post some later today.

• Gold FFM

Hi all, well done Gordon, and good to hear the clutch held up, I never said a thing Honest, How are the brakes though, I know I will now be looking at a set of pads very shortly. Looking forward to seeing the photo's and video as my camera threw it's hand in after only a couple of snaps, grrrrrrr.

As you know Mrs W on a fast and laxatives last night for todays hospital proceedure, been running to the loo almost as fast as Tut's car all night and still not run out of fuel.

• Gold FFM

Cracking shots , can you copy whatever you have for me and I will post on our site.

Thanks.