Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Who's that girl? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Who's that girl?

GordonMasson

post-237-0-76847900-1389875469.jpg

Some of you may be familiar with this press photograph of 100G taken in 1976.

Its always been my intention to go and recreate that photograph again and I would like to do it this year.

The picture was taken at Louth Golf Club which is about half way between Grimbsby and Skegness.

I would love to track down the model in the fur coat (I am guessing that she would be in her mid 50's now?) and get her to do another photo (yes I know, no comments necessary!) and as the saying goes, get a "younger model" to recreate the picture as well.

Perhaps it would turn it into a bedroom wall poster that's as relevant now as it would have been then?

So the challenge is:

A) How do we find the lady in the fur coat?

B) Does anyone know a model who would be interested in recreating the picture now? (Fur coat not mandatory)

post-237-0-97280700-1389875505.jpg

post-237-0-43791100-1389875542.jpg

Edited by GordonMasson

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Cant help you there but I have always thought about recreating picture of the white 007 Turbo with the model in the white Bikini.  Recently found out it was taken in Norwich and I am so sad I believe, in fact I am positive I found out where from Google earth.

Need also a model unless of course there are any secret cross dressers out there who need a way to tell us all!!

See if Lotus still has any records for the advertising agency they were using back then. You may get lucky and they might be still in business. Another possibility is to try and see if some knows the name of the photographer who was doing work for Lotus during that time. If there are any original prints around there maybe a name stamp on the back.

If you have any old brochures, all Lotus not just Esprit, from the time look to see if there is an agency or photography by name printed on it somewhere. I'm sure Lotus probably only used one agency and most likely local to the factory. Same goes for the photographer.

Edited by GavinT

One for MJK?

Good mate of mine worked with him and Chapman back then on the Esprit launch and the promotional bumf.  Its been a while but I'll ping him an email and see of he can help.

get a "younger model" to recreate the picture as well. Perhaps it would turn it into a bedroom...

I wondered where this was going to start with hahaha obviously just my filthy mind?

Paul.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Cracking idea Gordon - good luck with the girl-hunt! Wonder why they chose Louth (with no disrespect to Louth!) Suppose it depends who commissioned the photo. If it was the factory they would probably have an agency for Ad work who would then have a modelling contact. If it was a local dealer it could have even been one of the girls in reception!

Phil - in a random bored moment at work - without knowing Norwich this was my best guess......

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/preview#!data=!1m8!1m3!1d3!2d1.292973!3d52.626555!2m2!1f55.29!2f80.68!4f75!2m9!1e1!2m4!1sAPVwpZ8JcJAytf_3QvOGxw!2e0!9m1!6sRampant+Horse+Street!5m2!1sAPVwpZ8JcJAytf_3QvOGxw!2e0&fid=5

I'm only going on the tourist Info sign though that could have easily moved since!

Edited by nello

• 1 year later...

So, time for an update......

I contacted BBC Radio Humberside because that's the region where the picture was taken and there is a fair chance that the model was local and they did a bit on the morning show yesterday about it and put it on their Facebook page.

I have had a flurry of responses so far with the main lead being that it may be a model called Georgie Nixon.... see what you think.

They want me to go back on the show again tomorrow for an update so fingers crossed.

Please feel free to share the Facebook link on your page and we may track down the mystery lady yet :)

BBC Radio Humberside Interview

Edited by GordonMasson
  • Like 1

:thumbsup:

TLFer and owner of the first ever Esprit is trying to track down this model who featured in this early PR shot from the...

Posted by

The Lotus Forums

on 

Tuesday, 15 December 2015
  • Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Interesting to see you're still on the hunt Gordon. Was the original shot a factory promo? Wondered if they may have some info on the shoot / organisers / people used etc.?

Does not look like Miss Nixon to me................ Why that Golf club? Could have been a lady who worked there?

Keep us posted!

Edited by nello

On 16/01/2014 at 17:32, PhilW said:

Cant help you there but I have always thought about recreating picture of the white 007 Turbo with the model in the white Bikini.  Recently found out it was taken in Norwich and I am so sad I believe, in fact I am positive I found out where from Google earth.

Need also a model unless of course there are any secret cross dressers out there who need a way to tell us all!!

I wonder what the background to the "white bikini" picture is? Do we know what car it is? Proper reg number not visible. Its not mine owing to Compomotives.

I always just assumed it was the James Bond one "FYEO"  Trouble is I think there were 3 or 4 cars used and there are pictures around that claim to be James Bond cars but have subtle differences so I am just not convinced.  There is also the claim the Copper one was originally white and changed due to the filming in a snowy landscape.  From the pictures of the Copper car which is currently in Florida unless it has been sold has been messed about with since filming for sure.

The truth about these cars is anyones guess in my opinion and I doubt we will ever know for sure.

Could be they did wear bell bottom pants and one of the lads wore funny hats at times,,, hmmmm  I wonder if there is something to this.

But a bigger wrench in this idea is that Models don't own the clothes they are wearing and they are normally supplied for a particular shoot.