Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2014 TLF National Lotus Meet Q&A and discussion... - Page 2 - TLF International Lotus Day | MBW/Brooklands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2014 TLF National Lotus Meet Q&A and discussion...

It looks like  a lot of  member are  comming to this evnt.

I*m in , without  lotus. 

Which Airport  is the best practis Heathrow  or Gatwick  (becuase  the Easter holiday) ? 

Yasuo

Discussed with the better half about this meet. Now we have problems. :huh:

Problem 1: She said that our dog must go with us. For this reason we must drive through Germany and Benelux to Calais. Dogs are allowed to ferry between Esbjerk - Harwich, but dog must stay in car. Sea crossing takes 18 hours and this is too long time for dog. I can easily drive to Calais, so this problem solved.

Problem 2:. But the Hotel is bigger problem. The Booklands Hotel is not dog friendly. I have asked that. So we must book somewhere else. I have found hotel called Hilton Cobham and looks that they are dog friedly. It's quite near but feels stupid to be in different hotel. Any other pet friendly hotels in this area? Or any other option?

Problem 3: My idea was to get our Evora serviced during visiting UK. Looks like there is two possible dealers Bell&Colvill and Lipscomb. No experience of either. Which one you would recommend?

• Gold FFM

On #2 try the Hilton Cobham, The Mercure or The Stanwell in Staines or the Savannah Bed & Breakfast in Virginia Water - all are pet friendly and within 5-10 miles of MBW.  TripAdvisor is your friend!

On #3 either B&C or if you are OK using an independent then Back On Track in Guildford are highly recommended.

• Gold FFM

Hi Yasuo - Heathrow is closest, but not by much!  Gatwick may have more traffic problems, so I'd go for Heathrow.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Maybe I'm a little old to play with you guys:-

Lotus Mk.VI 60 years old this year.

Lotus Seven S1 55 years old this year.

Will I be able to keep up?

Will it ever stop raining?!!

Best wishes,

UPE9.

Guest surferphil

Come and play!  :thumbsup:

Maybe I'm a little old to play with you guys:-

Lotus Mk.VI 60 years old this year.

Lotus Seven S1 55 years old this year.

Will I be able to keep up?

Will it ever stop raining?!!

Best wishes,

UPE9.

Would love to come !! Gonna try to project moving to get ready in time !! Got an 89 Esprit which I'm putting replacement engine in & gotta finish off gearbox & rear brakes Too !! Keep running out of weekends !! Gonna keep me fingers Crossed !! When do you have to Register car for ???

• 2 weeks later...

think a lot of people will like me being wanting to put faces to names and their cars so could  perhaps people could put their forum name in their windscreens and/or a lapel badge? Good idea or not?

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 1 month later...

If you want to turn up in a non Lotus car, do you  just turn up and hope you can get parked?

:)

It's getting there......

Tim, there's a public car park for any non-Lotus driver who want to come along.

Jon, no plans for tickets just someone (probably me) on the gate checking people in as they arrive.

Bazza, Trevor and I visited MBW for final discussions last night and this is looking like it's going to be a great event, can't wait :D

Before this event has even happened I'd like to extend a massive thank you to Rob Durrant and his team at MBW who have been hugely accommodating and very generous to us :thumbsup:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I know this may be a silly question, but can anyone attend as a spectator----I have Esprit S3 and CN Plus2 and am contemplating travelling up from Devon. I don't want to show either car but, would love to attend on the 20th!                  Roger.h    :unworthy: