Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Esprit S1 - Mirrors - 3D Printing - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Esprit S1 - Mirrors - 3D Printing

All,

I have access to a laser scanner and a 3D printer.

I wish to make some S1 original wing mirrors, however, I need an original mirror to laser scan.

Once we have the laser scan I can make as many as needed, we can also laser cut the glass and we'll figure out the mounting bracket etc.. once the CAD model is surfaced.

Who's interested, and who can let me borrow an original for a short space of time.

Freebies will be offered for helpful parties..............

• Like 1

Esprit S1, 238G, Blog

Online Photo's

This car was most definately hand built, NOTHING FITS!

Mark

I should be able to help with this as started making mirrors but unfortunately the mould got ditched so I have not had time to progress recently.

I have an original mirror I borrowed from chris1 so will get in touch to see if he is happy I pass it on.

I did a post on S1 mirrors so you can see how far I got and take it from there.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/40048-s1-esprit-mirror/

Dave :)

Edited by LOTUSMAN33

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Count me in... I want to source a couple of S1 mirrors so if this gets off the ground, put me down for 2 please.

Count me in... I want to source a couple of S1 mirrors so if this gets off the ground, put me down for 2 please.

Ditto!

Robert Costa
1984 Turbo Esprit
Very Black!
2004 Lotus Elise
Quite Green! gone 😞

1977 S1 Esprit, in less bits

1998 Lotus Elise S1, Azure Blue
Sydney, Australia

“The car's weakest part is the nut holding the steering wheel”

Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: Check the position of the stars,kill a chicken and walk three times clockwise around your car chanting:" Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant.."

Still need a mirror.............

This 3D Printer uses ABSplus™ modelling material, a production-grade thermoplastic that is durable enough to perform virtually the same as production parts. The scanner has a tolerance of +\- 0.05mm so accuracy should be exceptional.

Esprit S1, 238G, Blog

Online Photo's

This car was most definately hand built, NOTHING FITS!

Mark

In case you missed it, there was an offer of one of the other mirror thread: http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/40048-s1-esprit-mirror/page-3#entry490584

Will be interested to see the end product.

Chris

Edited by ChrisJ

• 2 weeks later...

I have one you may borrow. It is currently with Dave, you may have seen his progress with the bases. Dave's given me your details I'll get in touch with you and ask Dave to fwd.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just want to let you all know that Caterham Super 7 uses the same S1 mirrors on the side curtains.  The same company, same style, but in black color.  I have a set on my S1 and they look great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Can't believe this is so difficult to pull together when so many people are so eager to get an S1 mirror!!

Please help out and provide a mirror to scan???

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Since I bought my Esprit S2 I've been trying to find some decent side mirrors with no success. I'm very interested in having ones made...problem is mine are both broken so they are not good to scan...

Once you have the geometry Mark, I can print it here :-)

Anyone has some to let Mark scan them?

Franky

Lotus Exige S2

Lotus Esprit S2 JPS #27 -restoration process-