Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 22 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Somebody say FYEO shoot?

You'll be needing one of these then.

compos2_zpsf36af9e5.jpg

It's a dry sump Turbo takeover!

:thumbup:

• Like 2

That's actually a very good point! We might have to have a whip round and buy a 2CV.

Bibs, for once that was meant to be a dark and moody shot but thanks all the same anyway - twice!

I was  at Battlesbridge last year and there was a guy there with a FYEO 2CV.  Maybe I will contact the organisers and see if he can be identified.  My view it would be good to have one there. What do you all think?

• Like 1

Great idea. But I'd like at least a few photos of just the two (or will it be 3!) Esprits. So I hope the 2CV owner won't mind me politely asking him to remove his car from the shot. ;)

It's a good reminder to get on with trying to organise the shoot.

Anyone know Roger's Moore's mobile?

I couldn't see the wheels in all their costly glory :lol:

I was trying to hide the price tag! ;)

my car is in a million bits, maybe you could time lapse it back together again and show the film in reverse!

:)

It's getting there......

Reflections can cause a few issues when overhead. Nothing photoshop can't resolve. :-)

post-41-0-53998900-1422781945.jpg

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Great picture Hopo.

Looks almost as if a vessel from outer Space just landed right in a medival landscape. Such outrageous was, and still is, the Esprit.

The snow in your picture underlines this.

All other Lotus since then, have just been a pale shade in comparrison.

And likewise is the Countach LP5000S QV for Lamborghini (with wing and all - far better than the LP400).

They have since then made many nice shapes, but in my humble view, not come up with something worthy of being even greater in design. Nothing so extreme in it's context in time. Nothing so rabiate and masculine and potent.

Ferrari, on their hands, had the super slick Testarossa. It have extreme form follows function, but above all, beautifull design. Not so today, and these past 7-8 years have mostly been strange for the sake of strange. Not so much harmony and superior expression in a sportscar. Previously to that, they had a very boring period of say for example the 456 et al. Many derivatives of the Testarossa, but nothing truly so awe inspireing, apart from the F40 as a driving machine, more than a design testimony.

So, I would say that for some companies, one shape creates them all, and is a statement of the brand it have become in itself by a migration of that one car into the very definition of their successive works.

Don't believe me? Just take a look at what people focus on at a big sportscar meet. They all look at the newest version of Lamborghini, then goes to look at a Countach.

Then they take a look at the newest Ferrari model whatever, and go look at the Testarossa.

They pass all the evora's, exige's, elise's, and end up drewling at a Lotus Esprit.

Sometimes, a thermometer of this, is to take a look at a child. I've seen three small Guys, like 8-9 years old, looking and commenting on all the new sportscars at a big exhibition here in Copenhagen, but coming to a Countach LP5000s QV, all their talk simply muted all at once, and the only thing to be heard, was the "clack" when they lost their jaws that hit the floor. It was like time froze and they just starred for ages.

That is what defines a true super sportscar. That makes a lifelong impression in a human's mind and subconsciousness. That is what makes them work overtime, delay things, and so on, and one day grow up to be an adult with a determined mind of buying a sportscar.

And the great part of these non plus ultra designed cars is, that not only did they do this, when they hit Planet Earth, but they continue to do this today, decades later. And this is because of their basic qualities as explained, but also due to todays lack of design all things being equal (read: legislation), and the all too obvious lack of a present day cardesigner with a stroke of hand that is genious and masterfull.

That is how a sportscar is defined by design, and above them all, that is what the Lotus Esprit does to people.

In reality.

In real life.

Cheers,

Jacques ;)

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

This was taken New Years Eve, as you can see by the ground it was cold! This was a drive from Norwich up to Sheringham, then on to Cromer on the return journey to Norwich on the coast road.

15569946463_4d14a2591b_b.jpg

Edited by OwenGT3
  • Like 1

His and hers, a rare shot being parked together, as both are in regular use.

post-15107-0-10926700-1423724057.jpg

post-15107-0-43870100-1423724062.jpg

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.