Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 44 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

15 hours ago, BP81 said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Brothers in arms. B-)

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Interesting combo that one - new and old combined to make a lovely example. Old style decals, stripes and Compomotive wheels with the old original Goodyears........and then tied in with the later style HC seats. Very nice indeed and not one I've personally seen before.

• Like 1

Hi Jo, gorgeous car, love the wheels and nice seeing the car with the tyre writing such a cool look, need to get mine done!

Does anyone think my turbo sits a little high at the rear?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BP81 said:

Hi Jo, gorgeous car, love the wheels and nice seeing the car with the tyre writing such a cool look, need to get mine done!

Does anyone think my turbo sits a little high at the rear?

If you look through photos Brooke a lot of the early Turbos seem to be higher at the back (mine included) and I kind of like the high rake period look. I certainly wouldn't want to mess with the original set up for fear of ruining the original set up. If you look at the 3 period photos I've attached you'll see what I mean.

image_79.jpeg

image_1.png

image_78.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks Mate some awesome memorabilia there!! Useful info I'm very naive about the earlier cars so any pointers are gratefully received ?

• Like 1

On 1-5-2016 at 10:05, Final Edition said:

Some pix of my A02 black 1985 Esprit Turbo.

236dd618-4196-4d23-9392-cf6fe76c857e_zps

IMG_6370_zpsgyaammnc.jpg

IMG_6408_zpsnbwueqw1.jpg

IMG_6445_zpsanphc3le.jpg

Did you change the wheel hubs by yourself? Great job! and that wheels where also not easy to find!!

you did a great job on that car really lovely! thanks for sharing!

At the moment the Ferrari coz the top comes off :)

But I agree with the road tests of the time which said the Lotus is the better drive. It has a stiffer chassis and more radical steering geometry which gives it great turn-in. It doesnt ride as well as the F though but thats probably owing to crappy shocks which I am still looking to rectify.

I have compared them on other posts here but overall the Esprit suffers from poor quality components but is still a better car in many ways. I absolutely love the Esprits interior environment, the F is very boring inside and looked like the interior was designed as an afterthought.

• Like 1

Do you want to come and do mine?

• Like 1

We could do a swap? I'm currently sitting at my keyboard instead of cleaning :)

• Like 1

You should have bought a white one - no need to polish it :)

Chris you have a lovely pair :) all jokes aside your pair look awesome big fan of the turbo obvs but the excel looks so sleek!! Getting tempted!!

According to this site - the Excel is longer, lower and lighter than a Turbo Esprit. Seats 4 as well, just right for the family. Took mine - car and family - to Belgium over Easter. Received a huge amount of positive attention. They come in black as well.

Today, I've just discovered two more Excels within 1/2 mile of me.

• Like 2

@BP81 - Brooke, don't forget to cling film the front of your car to catch the flies.

• Like 1