Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Scottish Independence - Page 14 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Scottish Independence

Kimbers

Rab C Nesbitt, Govan's philosopher (or rather the actor Gregor Fisher), was asked last week what he thought about Scottish independence. "I think in this day and age we should be all coming together, not splitting up," he told the newspaper 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I always find it funny when the old "well the Scottish hate the English....." line is being trotted out. I've lived and worked in England for the majority of my last 17 years, and can confirm that there's as much bile in reverse from English morons toward Scots, as Scottish dipshits toward the English. Let's not pretend otherwise. Personally I couldn't give a crap either way, there are arseholes in every country, regardless of nationality.

• Like 1

@Colin G

I agree.....I work in oil and gas and as such have been all over the place with Scottish lads and have had a great time.....

I have many friend who are Scots

I worry that the people in charge are the people who don't particularly like the English....and that their waffle draws in others......

I do have to go along with @C8RKH

lovely place with lovely people........just the few who spoil it and generally without reason

(same in England.......we have our Nationalist who do all sorts of crap in the name of the country....which actually isn't)

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Yes - I was definitely and certainly not saying all Scots - after all half my family is Scottish including my mother!  It is always the minority. However, the minority up here now is quite large and even the educated ones have been brain washed.

Maybe I am just getting too sensitive about it but I am absolutely sick to my back teeth of hearing Sturgeon, the SNP, Nats and others just absolutely whitter and whinge on and blame the English, Westminster, the Tories and Maggie Thatcher (30+ years ago for christ's sake - I would say move on but many still whitter on and whinge about things that happened 300 years ago - union of parliament in 1707, or back to Wallace and Bruce some 800 years ago!). We've had devolution and a Scottish parliament for 12+ years - oh yes, but apart from actually lowering education, health, police and social standards the Scottish government has actually delivered very very little in reality despite some quite far reaching powers!.             

As for English bile re Scots. Well, I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that is directly on the rise and in proportion to the sheer amount of shit that has been thrown at them - either directly or perceived, and in an increasingly nasty manner for the past 8 years or so.  Eventually, you prod a bear long enough and hard enough you wake it...

Remember ABE, and supporting any other team but England etc.  99% of that has been one way for decades, but actually, increasingly, you see and hear more and more English firing it back and I can tell you, it is not well received at all. Look at the way the English support/supported the likes of Chris Hoy and Andy Murray when in tournaments in England. Tell me, would an English athlete get the same level of enthusiastic support in Glasgow, Edinburgh or Aberdeen!  Aye right.

I had lunch with some colleagues in Perth today and this came up. Both of them are Scottish and both of them said independently that they would have no issue with England having it's own referendum and telling Scotland to feck right off and get out.  Their view was after the years of insults and abuse, why would they (the english)  want Scotland to stay!  One has just bought a new M3 so I didn't really listen too hard to his opinion to be fair

I truly hope we stay together as one United Kingdom. I really do. But until the chip on the shoulder mentality is killed off and the bile is settled, I think the end result is inevitable. My only dilemma really is choosing when to sell up and move. I've loved living in Scotland for the past 22 years. I'm a huge tourist advertisement for her and tell everyone how lovely she is. I'll miss her dearly. But I hate to think how I will be treated as an Englishman in an independent Scotland if things start to go down the tubes.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I have lived in Scotland for nearly 30 years and love it here but wouldnt hesitate to add my name to the list for packing up and shipping out. I don't know who'll be funding all the free healthcare and travel when the taxpayers have all fcuked off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

As for English bile re Scots. Well, I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that is directly on the rise and in proportion to the sheer amount of shit that has been thrown at them - either directly or perceived, and in an increasingly nasty manner for the past 8 years or so.  Eventually, you prod a bear long enough and hard enough you wake it...

Just eight years? Aye, very good Andy. I must've just imagined all the Englishmen who called me a "Jock c***" when I moved to London in 1999. <_<

I mean, fair enough if you get to know me first and think that....... :lol:

Lol. And here was me thinking "Hiya C****!" was just a nice warm Glaswegian welcome! :P

And if it was London chances are 1 in 10 it was an Englishman talking to you...

The small print.

• 4 months later...

Well I didn't think I'd be resurrecting this anytime soon!

SNP. One Policy party. And that Policy is to Bankrupt the Country. This is a bit like a pay meeting I went to once where the staff all voted against the small pay increase (when the company had made a huge profit) and the MD stood up and said, we will have a vote on it and there will be no pay increase whatsoever until the Management get the answer they are looking for. So vote yes to the small pay rise or you will be back here every day"

She's crazy and dangerous!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

To me this is Nicola Sturgeon playing on the dislike (hatred?) of the Scottish for the English, over common sense and rational  arguments such as their income being £40 billion and their annual Spend £60 billion, the shortfall being made up by Westminster. The fact that at the time of the previous refenrendum every Litre of Oil made the Scottish govt profit, whilst now it costs them for every litre. The fact that the UK is by far their biggest trade partner at £45.5 Billion. TWICE THAT OF THE REST OF THE WORLD ADDED TOGETHER!

But I suspect Scottish hatred for the English (and Sturgeons) will win over this time. 

One thing. The UK Govt must give them their fair share of the debts and refuse point blank to offer any money in settlement. If she wants independance she gets it!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

surely if they vote out they will have considerable period when they , will be neither part of the UNITED Kingdom or the European Union,what happens then?

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Good riddance. Fed up with hearing Jimmy Crankies bleating :D

• Like 1

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

@silverfrost history tells us that those in Scotland with a huge chip on their shoulder will finfd a way to block out the historical truth and a failed independebt Scotland will be blamed on Westminster and the English. After all, it was ScotlNd bankrupted by Scots who needed to join the Union to survive after the Nations wealth was squandered in Panama. 

And I do think we should stop the "all Scots hate the English" rhetoric. As an Englishmen with his mother and half my family being Scottish, and having lived in Scotland for 22 years I can tell you it is not true. However the anti-english sentiment, and the SNP rhetoric and gutter snipibg I agree gives the impression. 

The small print.

Lets just hope it does not happen,  Just take for instance the London devide from the rest of the UK which is always said to be a more wealthy area,  Which may be the case but not so much as it jumps out at you,  Where as if Scotland get its independance, This truly will be a devide that actually will show if the accounts givin regarding Scotlands income and outgoings turn out to be true ,

No matter how much the Scots would blame us if it all went pear shaped, it would not change the fact that they could end up living in poverty, And who would they turn to then ?  The EU ?  As that area has not even been dealt with yet,  But knowing the EU and some of the poor states it has taken in, that take more out than they put in,  They may let Scotland in ?   In that case, we need big fence to seperate us !

You need to hurry back from holiday and pop a cap in her arse pronto before she gets the ball rolling :P

A

History demonstrates that the perpetrators will usually be elsewhere when it all goes tits up. There are one or two exceptions, Nicolae Ceaușescu and Saddam Hussein spring to mind, but I'm convinced Queen Nich will never, ever, be living in tenement poverty.

She'd probably follow in Blair's footsteps, land a few non-exec posts, give a few lectures about how the English cocked it all up, all whilst generally living a life of pure luxury.

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.