Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Right then better start my '77 S1 project... - Page 8 - Projects & Restorations - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Right then better start my '77 S1 project...

Oh yeah, just fired the beast back up, practically fired on first turn key. So nice to hear the engine again even if super loud (no exhaust yet) I expect a few more hurdles along the way but I think we can say we are out of the woods now! Feels like a mile stone reached.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all. Right look at the photos then read the post below, we have an issue I need to resolve (bummer!)[br][br]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k223/altabani/Mobile%20Uploads/20140628_112900_zps013bc389.jpg][br][br]20140628_101553_zps0e048f00.jpg[br][br]20140628_112915_zps8ee341af.jpg[br][br]20140628_112854_zpsb9cb381f.jpg[br][br]20140628_112844_zps28d27254.jpg[br][br]So wheel lug nuts arrived this morning enabling me to fully test the wheels and airshocks to see if everything is working correctly. All seems to be coming together, wheels look amazing imho and no clearance issues to report. A couple of annoying leaks have developed since the motor has gone back in but those I can resolve, looking good me thinks, slowly getting there. Happy days, Charlie ;-)

• Gold FFM

And practical too as you will be able to park in underground car parks for free... It does look cool though. I really like the wheels. 

• Like 1

As this thread has developed I really didn't think I would like the end result.... but I really do a lot. Well done Charlie!

Cheers lads, I knew hardcore Elite fans would have issues with it but I wanted to stick to my guns and see it through. On the RetroRides forums where lowering and customisation is normal they are having palpitations the incredibly positive comments I get have been truly inspirational, they cannot wait to see this on the road! Technically it can be raised and lowered on the click of a switch although currently it is a manual system which I literally pump up each shock with a floor hand pump, I then set the level by adding or releasing air pressure, this an awesome feature because I can get the car absolutely level and also level when I sit in the car by adding a touch of bias to the drivers side. As far as ride and handling go I can't be fully sure of butvpast experience with air shocks makes me believe it will be firm. It really is coming together now and should be ready for the road in a couple of months. I'm currently working on the exhaust which should make it sound a lot nicer. "Hang on a minute lads. I've got a great idea". Charlie ;-)

This is the very lstest photo taken today.

20140629_155042_zpsee9b97f8.jpg

• Like 1

I think the popping is a slight leak on the exhaust allowing air in and igniting with the unburt fuel. I guess this is without the mid pipe silencer. sounds good though

There's no back boxes on either and not one bolt is tightened fully yet, that's why it's popping! Just couldn't resist the post, sounds much better in real life.

Not for the fant hearted, at last I've got around to taking that repulsive dash out. Can't wait to see the original one backnin place. I'm going to replace some of the dails with better ones I have and vice versa with the two dash boards inckuding knibs and switches. I really think this will give a massive lift to the interior of which I am planning to recover myself, I have plans for that too!

20140705_195653_zps48cd2877.jpg

20140705_194654_zps75a3fb48.jpg

Managed to get the current repulsive dash and console out today and get the splendid original back in. Of course now I have opened up a whole heap of electrical bliss, did make me laugh though when the left electric window switch on down press opened the right window and the right switch on up press closed the right window! Oh the joys of classic car ownership ;-)

20140705_194654_zps1452b593.jpg

20140705_195653_zps48cd2877.jpg

20140706_114733_zps70e2a8de.jpg

Been working on the front bumper today, what a state that was in, fractures all over the place. I've done my best to take them out and after hours of filling/sanding it now looks very presentable. I've given it a base coat of stonechip and although it looks fine in the photo it will need a second session of sanding and then painting to be to the standard I expect.

20140712_124852_zps7c989819.jpg

20140712_133551_zps96b67788.jpg

20140712_133602_zpsf545fc2e.jpg

20140712_124926_zpsb54794fc.jpg

It looks a billion time better now doesn't it, I feel like I can actually sit in the car with out feeling sick! The nasty interior is a green/cream combo, real leather no lie, someone spent a lot of money on doing a very average job on the recover. Gunna go on ebay cheap, I'll take whatever I can get for it.