Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
A breath of fresh air at my manor today - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

A breath of fresh air at my manor today

Sparky

• Gold FFM

Of course I use 'fresh air' figuratively; I could smell the hydrocarbons.  Lovely.

Sir Paolo (Paul) popped by.  First time I've seen this on the road after all the incredible work he's put into it.  Well done mate!

IMAG0727_zpsd5c8364a.jpg

IMAG0729_zpsfa3135fe.jpg

IMAG0731_zps8ca84b92.jpg

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Nice!  I don't think I've seen one of those since classic car runs with my dad 20 years ago, so bit of a spooky coincidence to see that picture and also have one along at the Club Lotus track day at Goodwood on Saturday:

IMG_0985_LR.jpg

• Gold FFM

Blimey!  2 in a week ain't bad.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Hi Gary, thank you for those kind words- not forgetting all your assistance that has helped get the beast running too.

Seeing you clean your baby spurred me into action too. Sadly it mean washing away all that Welsh forest mud :(

But at least it'll look good for Classics on the Green show next Sunday (11th May) - hope to see you there!

• Gold FFM

No worries Paul!  Hopefully I'll be allowed out next week.

For me, the mud added a certain je ne sais quoi...

What an elaborate way of trying to convince others you actually wash your car. Geeees, some people, thinly veiled and I can see right through this scam and all should be aware.

Paolo,

Shame I missed your car as would have liked to see it.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Great car ! Saw it in the flesh last year :)

Top bloke too ! :) Paul has given me endless amount of advice for the 907 engine !

Vin Taylor

Gents, thank you for your kind words.

Trevor, I live 'round the corner' from Gary, so hope to see you there, if not it'd be great to join you both on one of your Sat am lanes blasts :)

Vin, always happy to help and looking forwards to hearing more of your progress. Any plans for another UK visit? If so hope to meet up again :)

Hi Paul,

The girlfriend wants to go to greece in summer and might head to New York in November .. so its looking doubtful but you never know :) Will be in touch if I do.. Or else you can come visit and participate in Malta's next classic car rally haha

http://www.vallettagrandprix.com/EN.Mdina_GP_2013_by_Leanne_Attard.aspx

Vin Taylor

Hi Vin, can't say I blame your girlfriend for wanting to go somewhere sunny - iirc it was cold and wet when you came over :(

I've just joined the Historic Rally Car Register, but I'm not sure if they have events in Malta, if so I'll be there! :)

haha I didn't think the weather was too bad while I visited but no great either :)

Not sure if they are in touch with the Historic Rally Car register but I do know the organiser if this is something you are possibly looking in to.

Last year they had a bunch of classic Bugatti racers come over for the event.. We also get a few other participants from the UK while modified e-types and also some muscle cars :)

All cars race around the bastions around the old city of Mdina 

Oh yeah and we had Ed China over ;)  God the guy is tall!! haha I'm pretty short too so that doesn't help!

1376451_10151893141454706_951532977_n.jp

1382883_10151895100359706_109312138_n.jp

1381708_10151893290184706_1458435618_n.j

Vin Taylor

Vin, great to see such a good collection of cars in Malta, enough to keep any petrolhead entertained.

Ed China? I saw him recently on TV in Classic Car Club- he always seems to be driving cars with the steering wheel between his knees. Must be his height !? :)

haha I'm sure he's well over 6ft tall.. He's a really nice guy to talk to.. He mentioned that there was loads of filming cut out from when they did the esprit on wheeler dealers

Vin Taylor

Here you go :) 

http://rutube.ru/video/408d94d6706d923239bedd2394dcd3f4/

Basically Edd was saying that they had to remove alot of the filming to fit the 40 minute mark.  They would have spent alot more time filming the jobs done in detail but then had to edit them out to fit the time slot :)

Have you ever seen wheeler dealers before?

Vin Taylor