Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora NA MPG - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora NA MPG

auRouge

First time I've checked my long ratio NA brim-to-brim.

30.8 MPG over a 194 mile journey to Hethel and back. Mainly dual carriageway "making good progress", but also including the slow A11 roadworks section.

I'll do another test from now on to the next fill-up with my usual B road antics: I'm expecting low 20's.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I drove my car the other day and eventually it ran out of petrol, so I stopped and put some more in.

• Like 2

Sudders and Dany

• 5 years later...

Reviving this topic on Evora NA mpg. I just completed 8 days to Munchen and back. 1,956 miles at 25mpg. Two up with a full load of luggage. Worst mpg..13.18 on a 226 mile leg of autobahn to Wurzburg. 4th and 5th, CR box, saw a lot of action. Sport mode permanently on, even when in 6th in Belgium and France. 

I have no idea if the 100 and 102 octane fuel they sell in some stations in Europe makes any odds to power, but I buy it anyway.

Justin 

1 hour ago, jep said:

I have no idea if the 100 and 102 octane fuel they sell in some stations in Europe makes any odds to power, but I buy it anyway.

Not on an NA car, the higher octane just increases resistance to detonation on forced induction cars so they can use the knock sensor input to increase boost. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

11 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

13.18 🤤 that must have been epic

It certainly was....120 mph most of the time with many clear stretches to nip up to 140 plus. Even met a G Esprit, well zipped past it. 

Evora brakes just fab; the occasional hard jab at 140 caused no drama and scrubbed speed easily.

Justin 

20 hours ago, Bibs said:

Not on an NA car, the higher octane just increases resistance to detonation on forced induction cars so they can use the knock sensor input to increase boost. 

NA engines can have knock sensors and benefit from high octane fuel not just forced induction. It is more about ignition timing than boost pressure.

It doesn't increase power per se but does have an impact on torque so yes - do use higher octane fuel where you can

Edited by gregs24