Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My Esprit V8 project - Page 6 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

My Esprit V8 project

You so need a louder exhaust. Shame to not be able to hear the V8 properly roaring!

Oh yeah. You crossed the white line too.... Did you not think of how many innocent people you coulda killed! :whistle:

Let's hope Ronin doesn't watch this!

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

• Gold FFM

Brill, well done, now we know it will be having loads of viewings at Brands desite some of the negative comments from earlier postings the engineering and effort that has gone into the project must surely give you the smile factor. See you at Brands.

I went under the car to tighten the fan belt and noticed some CV grease splatters around one drive shaft? first I thought the boot may have a split? but when I checked I found 2 of the bolts had missing heads? WTF! they have sheared off? I know the V8 has plenty of torque but really?

14787244418_0260275c4d_z.jpg

14796360128_af8a18abbf_z.jpg

I have know replaced the full set with HT 12.9 grade bolts, which as far as I know originally are also 12.9? all torque down and checked painted so I can keep an eye on any moving! anyone else had any issues with bolts breaking? the guy at Allfix said it may have been down to age of the bolts and who knows how many times they have been undone and done up?

14959969046_05e46e2cfb_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I got some window louvre frames today as used in greenhouses and taken them apart and offered one side section up to the hatch glass. Looks like this has potential to make the adjustable rear louvre I want. I have some Polycarbonate to make the glass slats and window with and could fit a cable or a rod linkage to open and close it?

15103394081_44916678a1_z.jpg

15106398375_9d07c5549f_z.jpg

Just wanted to say that I looked at your car at brands and thought it was mega. I like many, am in the purest camp but I thought your car looked great and had to admire the workmanship. I am useless with mechanical stuff so find it impressive when someone goes to this much effort and it works!

Ok small update on progress, really just trying to improve air flow in the engine bay.

I have a few ideas and just trying some out to see how it goes.

One problem I had with alloy sheet covered in fibre glass was the fibre glass would soak up the heat and keep it!

I am now looking into removing the fibre glass and just having alloy. I have brought x4 8 inch fans,  2 will go at the rear of the engine bay and will suck hot air out. The other 2 will go at the side of the engine 1 each side and blow onto it.

a1_zps5ffd102c.jpg

a1a_zpscabcd1e9.jpg

I also plan to make an black alloy tonneau cover to cover it all and also make a heat shield to go under the air filter,

I can then use the ears as air inlet feeds to the side fans and also feed cold air direct to the air filter

a2_zps8294956c.jpg

I am going to box this in more so it will vent out the left side onto the exhaust

a5_zpsc00513cc.jpg

a4_zpsd5bdc286.jpg

I know some of you have used bilge fans and did look into that put as I am not keeping my car stock, I didn’t won’t to restrict/compromise the air flow I could by using 3 inch fans. I shower extraction fan is small and noisy and not that efficient and I guess the bilge pumps are similar? These fans are quiet and flow a fair amount of air. I am going to have the thermostatically controlled and a manual override switch for those traffic jams! And yes it’s safe to say my confirmed fetish for holes!

Edited by V8-ESPRITS3